F1 - General Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F1 - General Thread

I know F1 isn’t huge on this forum, but I know some fans are out there and we’d always more to come aboard.

I figured we could have a catch all thread to discuss all things F1 throughout the years. If the thread gets too overloaded, we could breakout separate threads to discuss just results for that particular season.

So, I guess all that’s left to say is “it’s lights out and away we go!” (with this thread).
    The Assman

Is F1 anything like a B1?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
      Is F1 anything like a B1?
      I believe it’s right of “Esc” and left of “F2”.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
        I know F1 isn’t huge on this forum, but I know some fans are out there and we’d always more to come aboard.

I figured we could have a catch all thread to discuss all things F1 throughout the years. If the thread gets too overloaded, we could breakout separate threads to discuss just results for that particular season.

So, I guess all that’s left to say is “it’s lights out and away we go!” (with this thread).
        Love me some F1! We went to Austin a few years back and had some really nice seats, but it was hotter than Hades.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Love me some F1! We went to Austin a few years back and had some really nice seats, but it was hotter than Hades.
          That sounds great.

Would love to see a F1 weekend in person.
          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

That sounds great.

Would love to see a F1 weekend in person.
            It is absolutely a must if you are even a casual fan. When you see these cars whip around a corner live the first time, your jaw just drops. TV can't even come close to doing it justice.

If you decide to go do whatever it takes -- 2nd mortgage if you have to -- and make damn sure you get covered, shaded seats bare minimum. Indoor box seats are the goal, but shaded seats are a minimum requirement.
            Last edited by Kung Wu; July 29, 2023, 02:36 PM.

Comment

Vegas would be insane, but I think the going to happen one overseas would be the way to go.
              The Assman

Comment

Me and JJ went to Austin last year for the F1 race. It was a good time.

Max has a great car, but is also at the very top of his game. He was beating Sergio Perez in the same car by 0.5 to 1.0 second every lap after he passed him in the Belgium Grand Prix today.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Dude! I'm jealous!

The Monaco GP is on my bucket list, but its on the "if I win the lottery" bucket list. A week at the Isle of Man TT is on that list too.

I do plan to hit Austin for both the F1 weekend as well as the MotoGP weekend someday. The novelty of the new LV race calls to me as well.

I'm a lifelong car/bike nerd, if that wasn't apparent.
                  Last edited by SHOCKvalue; July 31, 2023, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    I do plan to hit Austin for both the F1 weekend as well as the MotoGP weekend someday. The novelty of the new LV race calls to me as well.
                    Yeah, it's freakin' awesome. Just get shaded seats bare minimum, but indoor seats would be worth every penny (IMO).

Comment

I'll chip in a few bucks for the SN Yacht Party in Monaco
                      The Assman

Comment

Big relatively new F1 fan here. Drive to Survive on Netflix introduced me and the ‘21 Championship race hooked me. Even though this season and last season have been pretty Red Bull & Verstappen dominant I’m still highly engaged and look forward to every race weekend. I’ve never been into any other type of motor sports before this but I can’t get enough F1 content. Going to Austin this year and Vegas in the near future.

I highly recommend not only the Netflix series but F1TV. It’s $79 a year but totally worth it. It gives you inside access plus an archive of nearly every year prior with races in 30 mins and the ability to switch to any car POV & radio during practice and racing.

Plus, for the betting types there is some value to be found on podiums finishes, top 6, & top 10.

Again, highly recommend you give it a try if you have the time or are looking to give something new a chance.
                        If you're not going to go all the way, why go?

Comment

I used to be into NASCAR before they changed to the playoff structure (both times), backs when they had drivers with good personalities, but long since lost interest. Got into F1 several years ago, and haven’t looked back.

F1 has done a great job with branding and marketing in the US in recent history, with the aforementioned Netflix series and ESPN’s commercial-free coverage (at least on race days). F1 also has a great social media presence. I love the pageantry and the global feel to the sport as well.

If someone was looking to get into the sport, definitely check out Drive to Survive for the 2021 season (as well as watch highlights from the GPS that year). The most exciting season in quite some time.

I hope McLaren can keep the momentum and they had going before this past weekend and Ferrari can figure their business out. It would be exciting to have multiple teams batting to win each week.

Glad to know we’ve got some other fans out there to discuss this. Would also be great to plan a group travel to a GP (or at least a watch party).
                          The Assman

Comment

Working...
                          X