Minor League Coach Gets Year Long Ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    When I play catch, I never step backward or sideward before stepping toward my target, so I don't know how a wind-up would feel more natural.
    When I used to play catch anyway, I didn't have to step back because that foot is normally already a little behind but I start facing the person I'm playing catch with completely, then as I step forward I turn more and step into the throw. That's why I feel it's more natural. Is it because I pitched that it feels that way? Would a non pitcher do it differently? I don't know. My shoulder went out on me about 7 years ago so I don't really throw anything anymore.

So I'd say that stepping back may not be as natural, but from there forward it is much more natural that starting from the stretch. I don't know if my explanation made much sense or not. I can visualize what I'm saying but not sure it's coming out right.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

In most sports isn't it the coaches prerogative to simply call a forfeit? So apparently that's not the same in baseball, otherwise, why not just tell the players to pack it up and call a forfeit? There are certainly obvious reasons that a coach should be allowed to call a forfeit.

If that's just "not the way it's done" in baseball, then why didn't the coach just continue to allow the players with the least amount of playing time to learn completely new positions? Or maybe he was doing that and the game was still dragging on?

Seems silly a coach can't forfeit at any time.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

A tie is a lot like kissing your sister, but the way they usually play, its a lot like kissing a really hot step-sister.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
        X