Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

18 Veterans commit suicide a day. Support WSU alum's quest to help Vets.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 Veterans commit suicide a day. Support WSU alum's quest to help Vets.

Gallant Few is ran by Karl Monger, a WSU alum, and the goal of Gallant Few is to help veterans in the transition from warfighter to veteran. It ranges from all kinds of things, resume help, networking, mentoring, all the way to the Descendants of Sparta which is a way to help prevent veteran suicide. The VA released information that 18 veterans a day commit suicide.

His website is www.gallantfew.org go check it out, watch the videos, become educated on the problems veterans face.

Also, another cool thing is Wichitan and USMC Veteran, Tony Clark is doing a 135 mile ultra marathon, which is classified as the hardest foot race on the planet. It takes place in death valley. He is raising money for Gallant Few, and has some very cool things he's going to do during his race, depending on how much money he raises. For more info on Tony's race and how to donate, please visit here http://www.gallantfew.org/events-and...sers/badwater/

Thank you for reading this everyone. I appreciate any help you feel you can provide to Karl, Gallant Few, and most importantly the veterans they help.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

OK, that's one seriously jacked up race. A 135 mile run that starts in the worst desert conditions that the USA has to offer and it's uphill into mountains from there. Insanity.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      OK, that's one seriously jacked up race. A 135 mile run that starts in the worst desert conditions that the USA has to offer and it's uphill into mountains from there. Insanity.
      And if he raises 10k, he's going to do it with a rucksack. For every 1k after 10k, he'll add 2 1/2 lbs of sand to his rucksack. If he meets 20k, he'll finish the race carrying an American flag. The race is insane, and this guy is making it more difficult than it has to be. I hope they can raise some really good money for Gallant Few because of this. I hope he gets some great publicity.

Comment

Thanks for sharing this, otherwise I'd have no idea it was out there. Definitely a worthwhile cause and I plan to donate, it would be awesome to see him carrying the flag that last leg.

Comment

Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
          Thanks for sharing this, otherwise I'd have no idea it was out there. Definitely a worthwhile cause and I plan to donate, it would be awesome to see him carrying the flag that last leg.
          It would be absolutely amazing. It's my pleasure. Karl is a fraternity brother of mine, and I've been following his Gallant Few website and Facebook for a while. When I saw Tony's video about the ultra marathon I just had to post this. I would love to see this take off and get some national media attention. At the very least, the local news agencies should pick it up. I'm going to try and get a hold of a few of my contacts at the Eagle.

Comment

Bump, I made a donation and also posted to my car club's board so hopefully that will bring in some money, too. I hope the Eagle will pick it up, with the WSU connections especially they should. Maybe a good story to run on July 4th?

Comment

Tony is the real deal. Please support this Marine in his quest to help the cause!
              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Only a day or so left, should be over $11,000 with my donation when its updated, lets see how close we can get to $20k!

Comment

Thanks for the reminder! Donation sent!
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

So very cool to see all the money he's bringing in for such a great cause. Thanks everyone who has read this, donated, or replied.

Comment

Posted on FB about 11:00 AM:

Tony is nearing the 90 mile mark of the Badwater 135 ultra-marathon. When he hits the 122 mark he's going to call to see how much sand he carries the final 13 miles - for every thousand he adds 2.5lbs. Already he's going to wear USMC combat boots, fatigue pants, a Ranger Up shirt, rucksack and 5 lbs. Now's the time, show your support! Share this with your friends!

Comment

Working...
                      X