Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    Quoted for future reference.
    actually I always get excited for Chiefs football good or bad. My 2 biggest passions is Chiefs Football and Shocker hoops
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

The most we could ever hope for from Cassel is to be Trent Dilfer. Problem is, I don't think he's as good/smart as Dilfer.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        The most we could ever hope for from Cassel is to be Trent Dilfer. Problem is, I don't think he's as good/smart as Dilfer.
        Is that who he was two years ago? If so, he's done it before so it's possible for him to do it again. How far did Dilfer's team go? However far they went, I don't think that the Chiefs defense (while I think they'll be very good), will be as good as Baltimore's was.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          Is that who he was two years ago? If so, he's done it before so it's possible for him to do it again. How far did Dilfer's team go? However far they went, I don't think that the Chiefs defense (while I think they'll be very good), will be as good as Baltimore's was.
          Cassel isn't going to be winning games for KC, like Dilfer, he's going to have to rely on everyone else to win and for him not to lose it. That's all I'm saying. Dilfer knew he wasn't the strength of the team and wasn't going to go out there and make a bunch of plays. He just had to be smart and not turn the ball over and let everyone else do what they had to do. I think Cassel has a bigger ego and will cost the Chiefs wins.

I pray KC finds a QB in the near future. However, I don't expect them to.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Alex Tanney/Ricky Stanzi
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Cassel isn't going to be winning games for KC, like Dilfer, he's going to have to rely on everyone else to win and for him not to lose it. That's all I'm saying. Dilfer knew he wasn't the strength of the team and wasn't going to go out there and make a bunch of plays. He just had to be smart and not turn the ball over and let everyone else do what they had to do. I think Cassel has a bigger ego and will cost the Chiefs wins.

I think that we agree on the most important stuff but if you don't want us to, that's ok.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                I think that we agree on the most important stuff but if you don't want us to, that's ok.
                LOL. I was just making sure my stated position was completely understood.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Has KC had a top qb in his prime since Dawson? What's it been? 35+ years?

They wasted Gannon for Elvis. Then there was the Blackledge's better than Marino and Kelly stumble.

Comment

Wait! There hasn't been rain on the east side of the turnpike either? Crazy.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Chiefs and Bowe did not get a long term deal completed at the deadline today. Now it is up to Bowe to decide whether he will sign the 1 year franchise tender at some point or sit out the year. Pioli being hammered in KC press as being "chintzy".

General manager Scott Pioli’s obsession with signing players to value deals will haunt him, if it hasn’t begun doing so already. It’s terrific that the franchise saves money on team-friendly deals like the one running back Jamaal Charles and linebacker Derrick Johnson signed in 2010, but what’s the point of an NFL team saving if it never plans to splurge?
                      Chiefs have several key players contracts (Dorsey, Albert, Belcher, Bowe) coming due to next year so it is not as easy as "franchising" bowe again next year.

Comment

Flowers
                        Hali
                        Johnson
                        Charles

Pioli has no problem signing big names to big money, as long as they are hard workers. Bowe said earlier this offseason that the DBowe show was back. Remember him? The DBowe show was sloppy and streaky. The DBowe show was lazy. The DBowe show was a prima donna. Bowe was spectacular last year because it was a contract season. Now this is too. Haley is gone. Haley pushed Bowe. Haley kept Bowe from the media. Now, Bowe has all the tools, but he has to choose. This year will show whether Bowe will be in the Fitzgerald class or the T.O. class. Pioli doesn't want T.O. Pioli wants players that heed the machine and do their jobs. This forces Bowe not to be lazy. Fans will hate it. Dillon's sells fabulous cheese. Get some to go with that whine, and shut up and let the man do his job.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          Flowers
                          Hali
                          Johnson
                          Charles

Pioli has no problem signing big names to big money, as long as they are hard workers. Bowe said earlier this offseason that the DBowe show was back. Remember him? The DBowe show was sloppy and streaky. The DBowe show was lazy. The DBowe show was a prima donna. Bowe was spectacular last year because it was a contract season. Now this is too. Haley is gone. Haley pushed Bowe. Haley kept Bowe from the media. Now, Bowe has all the tools, but he has to choose. This year will show whether Bowe will be in the Fitzgerald class or the T.O. class. Pioli doesn't want T.O. Pioli wants players that heed the machine and do their jobs. This forces Bowe not to be lazy. Fans will hate it. Dillon's sells fabulous cheese. Get some to go with that whine, and shut up and let the man do his job.
                          Bowe is good but not Fitzgerald good. He shows up and is that great receiver for maybe 3/4 of the year. During the other games, he becomes invisible. I don't know what the chiefs offered or what Bowe demanded, so it's difficult to determine who messes up. If Bowe demanded 40 mill. guaranteed, I'm glad the Chiefs turned him down. However, if the Chiefs didn't offer in the 25+mill. or thereabouts guaranteed range, they were wrong.

Comment

Im not talking about production class, im talking about class class. Fitzy has class, T.O. and Ochocinco do not.

Comment

Its amazing how the media doesn't mention all the critical drops, or unspectacular play, just that he's the #1 WR so they should pay him or they'll suffer. Its short sighted to pay more than market just cause they need him, I'd rather be realistic and if he only plays this year then moves on so be it. Anyone who pays him Fitzgerald/V Jackson/C Johnson type money is crazy. If he or his agent were looking for a contract like that they're crazy! Guys like that don't drop game winning TD's, or easy 4th down passes that would have kept drives going. Bowe does, and he's just not in that class at all, so if he was asking for ridiculous money then I'm glad they didn't give it to him. Hopefully Baldwin and the new guys play great and they show they can be fine without him.

Comment

Working...
                              X