Official Chiefs offseason thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Chiefs offseason thread

Kansas City has amassed quite a team in the offseason.
    Key additions
    Stanford Routt- a solid #2 CB with speed, previous team- Oakland
    Kevin Boss- TE that can catch the ball and block. Paired with Moeaki, he can give us a Gronk/Hernandez passing attack. Previous team- Oakland
    Eric Winston- The best offensive tackle in the game. Previous team- Texans
    Peyton Hillis- had his best year under Brian Daboll in Cleveland. Both hope to replicate that success in KC this year. Previous team- Cleveland
    Brady Quinn- A solid backup, if he can hang on against UDFA Alex Tanney Previous team- Denver
    Donatri Poe- has been working out and practicing without a contract. Definitely a Romeo pick. Will be the starting NT on a line of first round picks, all of them. Previous team- Memphis U
    Devon Wylie- Seen as a Wes Welker clone. Will play the slot with Breaston and DMC. Previous team- Fresno St
    Alex Tanney- UDFA, known as the Trick Shot QB. Has a rocket of an arm and better aim than a Marine Sniper. Needs work on foot work and knowledge of the game. Holds NCAA all division passing yard record. Tough kid that packs a pail.
    Jeff Allen- OL. News on him and Donald Stevenson has been scarce.

The team should rebound from loss of Brandon Carr, Wallace Gilberry, and Jackie Battle. SI thinks this is the most talented team in the NFL, and is a Superbowl contender. Should be a fun season if injuries are at a minimum
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Originally posted by shock View Post
    Kansas City has amassed quite a team in the offseason.
    Key additions
    Stanford Routt- a solid #2 CB with speed, previous team- Oakland
    He is being paid starter $$. The word on him is he He is press type corner and fits Crennel scheme. He committs to many penalties and gives up to many TD's. Rated by Pro-football focus as the #19 CB.

Kevin Boss- TE that can catch the ball and block. Paired with Moeaki, he can give us a Gronk/Hernandez passing attack. Previous team- Oakland
    Former patriot coach now Chiefs offensive coordinator looks to be installing 2 TE system in KC. Looks like KC is going for punishing running attack.

Eric Winston- The best offensive tackle in the game. Previous team- Texans
    He was rated a 9 OT last year (out of 10). So should be good get as long as he fully recovers from his off season ankle surgery.

Peyton Hillis- had his best year under Brian Daboll in Cleveland. Both hope to replicate that success in KC this year. Previous team- Cleveland
    He is pretty good insurance in case Charles is not 100% and if James is back at 100%, a good guy to keep the pressure on the D and give James a break. He is not a good blocking back. He did catch 61 passes in 2010 in the backfield, but fumbled 5 times.

Brady Quinn- A solid backup, if he can hang on against UDFA Alex Tanney Previous team- Denver
    Quinn hasn't thrown a pass in 2 years in a game. Stanzi is rated higher than Quin. If Stanzi beats Quinn out as #2 that will be good thing. Stanzi is rated in the mid-40's as QB with potential to be starter in the NFL. Quinn is ranked almost last for potential.

Donatri Poe- has been working out and practicing without a contract. Definitely a Romeo pick. Will be the starting NT on a line of first round picks, all of them. Previous team- Memphis U
    They say he has the "dominant potential".

Devon Wylie- Seen as a Wes Welker clone. Will play the slot with Breaston and DMC. Previous team- Fresno St
    Ranked 97th for WR. Comment was "Could be a fantastic slot receiver, but there isn't a ton of production to go around here". I assume when they talk about production they are assuming Charles will steal fantasy points, but KC doesn't need a bunch of produciton, they need somebody who will keep the D honest and when they aren't - then burn them. He seem like he capable of doing that.

Alex Tanney- UDFA, known as the Trick Shot QB. Has a rocket of an arm and better aim than a Marine Sniper. Needs work on foot work and knowledge of the game. Holds NCAA all division passing yard record. Tough kid that packs a pail.
    Who are the chiefs going to cut - Quinn or Stanzi to keep him?

Jeff Allen- OL. News on him and Donald Stevenson has been scarce.
    Allen has had a high ankle sprain and has been in a boot. Hopefully he will be 100% training camp.

The team should rebound from loss of Brandon Carr, Wallace Gilberry, and Jackie Battle. SI thinks this is the most talented team in the NFL, and is a Superbowl contender. Should be a fun season if injuries are at a minimum
    It definitely could be a fun year. Need to get the cast of characters back healthy (Charles, Cassel, Moecki) and the Defense to get a little bit better than last year and as you said - keep injuries at a minimum.

Comment

Here is Tanney in his youtube video

Comment

Tanney probably won't dislodge anyone from the team but will likely make the practice squad once roster cuts occur.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

The QB battle will be Quinn VS Tanney. They have invested too much into Stanzi and will keep him until his contract is up. And Tanney could be a diamond in the rough. I have a feeling the Chiefs will devote to Stanzi like they have Cassell but the only guy that has love for Quinn is Daboll. We shall see what happens.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

That's what I wondered if they could get Tanney onto the practice squad w/o someone else sneaking in and picking him up. I guess it depends on what he shows in camp & preseason but I'd like to get him on there for a year and see how he improves.

I'm excited for this year, with all the new additions and guys coming back it should be fun! Has anyone gone to St. Joe's to watch camp yet? I'd like to sometime, I knew I could never get to River Falls but this might be possible.

Comment

9 days to the deadline for Dwayne Bowe and KC to either work out a long term contract or for him to sign his Franchise tag tender and play in 2012 or not sign and not play.

Comment

My guess is that they are waiting for the other tagged WRs to sign so they can make Bowe a rich(er) man

Comment

I am too excited for this season, I absolutely loved the Hillis and Eric Winston signings, I thought those 2 spots were are biggest holes on the team. IMO we do have one the most talented teams in the NFL, and all goes on 1 man shoulders and that is Matt Cassel. If he can have a year like he did 2 years ago, we will win this division easily, but if he converts back to the Cassel last year, we will prolly be seeing Stanzi nation playing by week 10.
                  Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

If we're relying on Cassel, well, that says it all.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      If we're relying on Cassel, well, that says it all.
                      I don't think the plan is for KC to be "relying" on Cassel. KC team success is going to be relying on:

1. Healthy and fully recovered Charles
                      2. A defense that is better than last year

Cassel is role player and thus needs to play his role - that is all. If Charles is healthy it is going to open up the game for Cassel to have success. If KC is "relying" on Cassel to win games then KC probably having bigger problems.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                        I am too excited for this season, I absolutely loved the Hillis and Eric Winston signings, I thought those 2 spots were are biggest holes on the team. IMO we do have one the most talented teams in the NFL, and all goes on 1 man shoulders and that is Matt Cassel. If he can have a year like he did 2 years ago, we will win this division easily, but if he converts back to the Cassel last year, we will prolly be seeing Stanzi nation playing by week 10.
                        I forgot how Cassel played last year. Didn't he get hurt during the first half of the season. I know how bad the lefty that they replaced him with was. I'm not optimistic that MC can get them to the Super Bowl but he may be able to get them into the playoffs again.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                          I am too excited for this season
                          Quoted for future reference.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                            I don't think the plan is for KC to be "relying" on Cassel. KC team success is going to be relying on:

1. Healthy and fully recovered Charles
                            2. A defense that is better than last year

Cassel is role player and thus needs to play his role - that is all. If Charles is healthy it is going to open up the game for Cassel to have success. If KC is "relying" on Cassel to win games then KC probably having bigger problems.
                            Baltimore Superbowl.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                              I forgot how Cassel played last year. Didn't he get hurt during the first half of the season. I know how bad the lefty that they replaced him with was. I'm not optimistic that MC can get them to the Super Bowl but he may be able to get them into the playoffs again.
                              He played pretty bad, problem with Cassel is his ceiling, is a 1st round type qb and that is only if he plays his absolute best, but the talent around him is super bowl contender. But the player that has the lowest ceiling plays the most important position in all sports.
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X