No announcement yet.

NFL 2023/2024 and Beyond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1) All kick offs should have to be returned if not entirely out the BACK side of the end zone 2) Narrow goal posts by ten feet making a miss hurt 3) Allow a three point conversion from the 20 yd line 4) don't punish DB's for accidental helmet to helmet hits and same for defensive linemen - should have to be clearly blatant

Comment

• Ya kinda forget how hot Blake Lively is until you see her with a buncha fugly girls.

Comment

• How could you ever forget the hotness of Blake Lively?
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          How could you ever forget the hotness of Blake Lively?
          I'm sorry

Comment

• Time has passed me by.........didn't know any of those half time performers. Was Toby Keith ever mentioned at any time? True patriot !

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              Time has passed me by.........didn't know any of those half time performers. Was Toby Keith ever mentioned at any time? True patriot !
              My friends enjoyed halftime. I admit, it was one of the better ones recently.

Usher has been big since I think the 90s (8 time Grammy winner).
              Alicia Keys has been around nearly as long and also has a number of hits.
              I never was much into Lil John or will.i.am, but a friend of mine was. He seemed kind of excited to see them.
              I have no clue who the female guitarist they featured was (H.E.R).
              Jermaine Dupri had a short period of success 20 years or so ago.
              Ludacris had a run in the early 2000's where he was a pretty big deal.

I think I have the general eras close.

While I never owned an Usher or Keys album, I have generally enjoyed them over the years.

I'm not sure anything will top Shakira performing at halftime for me, but we'll see where they go in the years to come.

Also, pregame I wasn't impressed with Post Malone and was disappointed in Reba myself. Not that she sucked by any means, it just seemed to miss something. Though I've also never been a Reba fan in regards to her music/voice.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                How could you ever forget the hotness of Blake Lively?
                Oh, yeah. She's hideous.

(Sorry, wrong thread.)

Comment

• Trust me, Blake is on my list. And she's definitely one that will make more than one appearance.

Also, her and Ryan have to be about the most ridiculously attractive couple on the planet. And after having four kids, she's still absolutely on point.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• When I saw Usher was the guest at the half, I remarked at what a great roller skater he is. And then there was a bit where he performed on skates. It's kind of coming back as a thing "to do" for those of us who were prettty active in it back in the late 70s and early 80s, though they have combined dancing with it. A lot of skaters have skates with lights in the wheels which is pretty cool to see when the lights go down.

Comment

• One of my friends mentioned his ability to skate right before he came out in them. I was really impressed with just how smooth he and the others danced like they weren't even wearing them. I was never that good with wheels on my feet, and outside of some street hockey, that's where I left it.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• This took a little glee from my super bowl celebration.
                        Brock was at 13 yds before taking a knee to send the game to OT and go under his total (12.5)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          In fact, get rid of punting too. At any time, on any down, if you have the ball you can "concede" which means give the other team the ball at their 30.

Get rid of punting and special teams.
                          Allow offsides and pulling the goalie in soccer while we’re at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            The game should evolve. Kick offs are unnecessary. Just let the team that wins the toss decide if they want the ball the first half starting at their 20, or the second half starting at their 20.

Then get rid of field goals and kickers entirely. Field goals require uprights. Remove the fieldgoals and the huge expense to youth football of uprights goes away. The expense of carrying 15 additional players for special teams goes away. Yes the end game strategy changes. That's part of evolution.

Feel like you MUST have some sort of kicking? Just chalk two circles in the endzone, like a bullseye. If the kicker can land the ball in the bullseye he gets 4 points, the second circle 1 point. A miss is a turnover per usual. Goalpost expense goes away, still have to chip the ball or it gets blocked, youth expense drops tremendously.
                            We could use lawn darts instead of kickers

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

We could use lawn darts instead of kickers
                              I LIKE IT!!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Allow offsides and pulling the goalie in soccer while we’re at it.
                                Ditch offside? Yes. I'd like to see an 8 team simple bracket tourney consisting of EPL teams with no offside rule as an experiment.
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X