• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is exactly not total support.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
      Which is exactly not total support.
      I defined what I thought if their support, and was not critical. OTOH, you sound like you’re being critical of the public support that the team is giving him.

None of us know what type of support the team is giving outside of the public eye.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
        Which is exactly not total support.
        I'm not sure what you're looking for from the Chiefs. They've pretty much handled this 'outcry' perfectly.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I defined what I thought if their support, and was not critical. OTOH, you sound like you’re being critical of the public support that the team is giving him.

None of us know what type of support the team is giving outside of the public eye.
          In the moment it just hit me that yes, Patrick was supportive. He also waffled on how they don’t agree on some things. I took that to mean some things in HB speech might not have set well with Patrick. Just my take. Not trying to be critical if anyone, just don’t overwhelm me with total support is all.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm not sure what you're looking for from the Chiefs. They've pretty much handled this 'outcry' perfectly.
            All I care about is that he isn’t burned at the cross, which the Chiefs won’t stand for thankfully. It was Patrick’s statement that was slightly underwhelming to me when I first saw it.

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• She reminds of John Dutton’s (Kevin Costner) flame, Summer Higgins (Piper Perabo) in Yellowstone…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This will be interesting to follow.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Kansas officially making their case for the Chiefs.

KAKE - What is a STAR Bond, and could it really convince Chiefs to move to Kansas?

A big debate sparked in Wichita on Wednesday after Kansas legislatures sent a letter to the Kansas City Chiefs trying to convince the team to build a new stadium on the Kansas side of the state line.

This comes after Jackson County, Missouri rejected a sales tax extension to help fix up Arrowhead Stadium.

Marty Yeager and Jim Farthing are lifelong Chiefs fans, so it's hard to find something about the team they disagree on, until now.

"I think it's a great idea. It'd be a huge benefit to the state," said Yeager.

"I really think they're probably better served staying where they are," said Farthing.

They're talking about a letter Kansas Senate President Ty Masterson and Speaker San Hawkins sent to Chiefs owner Clark Hunt trying to sell him on Kansas, saying the state would help pay for a brand new stadium with STAR Bonds.
                    I honestly think the STAR Bond could work and be of benefit should the Hunt family chose to take Kansas up on it. The amount of tax revenue that would be generated by the stadium as well as the almost certain to be hotels and businesses that would also surround the new stadium should easily be able to pay off the bond. If the stadium was domed or with an attractable roof and able to host even more events would only help generate more revenue for the area. And assuming this would end up out by Legends, it would also help boost an area that is already doing pretty well for itself.

Time will tell what will happen, but the Chiefs are going to have to make a decision one way or another in the next year or so as a new stadium will take some time to get through planning and then construction. That's true no matter where they end up.

RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I have been following this on a Chiefs board. The consensus is there is a very real chance of the Chiefs moving to Kansas. As long as the Royals and Chiefs remain tied together in Jackson County it becomes a reasonable possibility. Former Royal and Board Chairman (or whatever title he has) Frank White has been a huge obstructionist to any tax or project there. Kansas is certainly putting on the full court press. I'm not sure how much the nostalgia of staying in the stadium that Lamar built weighs in with the Hunts. Money wise, I don't know if Jackson County wants to compete. If it were just the Chiefs, I wouldn't give much chance of a move, but right now I would say Kansas has a punchers chance of landing the Chiefs.
                      Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                      X