NBA Playoffs 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Playoffs 2023

Freddy and the Raptors blew a huge lead and are out. Freddy nearly had a triple double but Toronto could not get a stop late at all.

Reaves played last night to the occasional chant of M-V-P.

OKC is kind of entertaining to watch. Several misfit toy type players that work well together. SGA and Giddy are a problem for most teams. OKC advances to play Minnesota with the winner getting the 8 seed.

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Freddy and the Raptors blew a huge lead and are out. Freddy nearly had a triple double but Toronto could not get a stop late at all.

Reaves played last night to the occasional chant of M-V-P.

OKC is kind of entertaining to watch. Several misfit toy type players that work well together. SGA and Giddy are a problem for most teams. OKC advances to play Minnesota with the winner getting the 8 seed.
    After leading by 19 with 9 minutes left in the 3rd Q, the Bulls caught them in the 4th at the 6:26 mark at 91. Don't know whether the Raptors had some injury issues or no confidence in their bench, but the starters may have just worn down. The 5 starters played 37-42 minutes and one bench player played double digits (17). The big 3 all played 42 minutes.

As a team, the Raptors shot 50% from the line. FVV, Siakam, and Anunoby were not immune going 3-6, 5-11, and 3-8 while for the season are 90%, 77%, and 84% respectively.

Comment

Max Strus is basically Ron Baker 2.0. Even down to the jersey number and gait.

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

NBA 2024 playoffs. I haven’t been watching, but this is a great play…

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            NBA 2024 playoffs. I haven’t been watching, but this is a great play…

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C6aBg...F1eTIzd28xdQ==
            Just watched the reel again, didn’t see a Mark Cuban the first time… lol!

Comment

2024 NBA playoffs continued.

I like this guy…

Comment

Not a big NBA fan, but I’m really liking the Boston coach even more… he’s a special person.

Comment

Adam Silver Confirms Three New Cities For Potential NBA Expansion Team (msn.com)

"There's been some discussion about going back to Seattle, potentially Las Vegas, no doubt, is very interested in a team. Mexico City one day. But there are lots of other U.S. cities and Canadian cities, frankly, that have reached out to us to tell us they'd be interested."

The NBA's media rights deal is their top priority right now and nothing can happen until the details of that agreement are finalized and secured. Right now, the NBA is more popular than ever and each new season brings in thousands of new fans every single year. Currently, Turner Sports (TNT) is still fighting to keep the NBA in an ongoing bidding war with NBC, ESPN, and Amazon.

Once that process is completed, expansion talks are expected to ramp up and it's no surprise that Seattle, Las Vegas, and Mexico City are at the top of the list.
                  I hope they give Seattle a team back. I'm not sure exactly why the Sonics left but it wasn't due to lack of support. But it may be hard for them to not go to Vegas as that's the 'hot' new city for everyone. I get the allure of a Mexico City and expanding into another country, but I'm sure there are still some safety concerns.

I also know KC still wants a team, but I don't think the NBA has any interest there. Thought they'd have a better chance at an NHL team.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Adam Silver Confirms Three New Cities For Potential NBA Expansion Team (msn.com)

I hope they give Seattle a team back. I'm not sure exactly why the Sonics left but it wasn't due to lack of support. But it may be hard for them to not go to Vegas as that's the 'hot' new city for everyone. I get the allure of a Mexico City and expanding into another country, but I'm sure there are still some safety concerns.

I also know KC still wants a team, but I don't think the NBA has any interest there. Thought they'd have a better chance at an NHL team.
                    Fook Mexico City.

Comment

Ah yes...been waiting for the Mexico City franchise for decades. Bring on the Matadors or Conquistadors or whatever they'll call it! Undele...undele!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Working...
                      X