ChatGPT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ChatGPT

There are a lot of issues with this that some on twitter have pointed out lately. But this is concerning...

So the Furbies control SkyNet?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Huge fan of openai's chatgpt ... probably spent an hour on it doing research today alone. It's simply amazing.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Reminds me of this old crank call.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Clever Tenant Uses ChatGPT to Force Landlord to Fix Washer and Dryer in Her Building

When a New Yorker received a notice from her landlord about a rent increase after two years of neglecting to fix the washer/dryer unit in her building, she saved money on a lawyer and used ChatGPT instead.

Svetlana, who didn’t wish to reveal her last name, used the chatbot to write an email in “legalese” to her landlord, which saw them agree to fix her washer and dryer.

The exchange with her landlord started after she received a rent increase notice of 0.4%, from $1,389 to $1,395, just days after she had filed for a decrease in rent because her washer and dryer had been out of order for more than two years.

The 28-year-old feared she wouldn’t be able to get her point across herself, so she asked the AI chatbot to act like a housing lawyer and draft an email opposing the rent raise.

Svetlana’s attempt was successful, and her landlord fixed both machines that month.

“The rent increase alone was not my gripe!” Svetlana said. “It was the audacity to increase the rent, seemingly in retaliation after I filed a complaint and request for a rent decrease on the basis of decreased building-wide services.”

In two and half years, Svetlana had lodged several complaints with her landlord to get the machines fixed, but she never received a response.

“I prompted Chat GPT to add more legalese,” she said. “It’s like a super-smart, objective, real-time sounding board.”

ChatGPT even quoted specific sections of the New York rent stabilization code and posited that the rent increase was retaliatory.
          Apparently it can be used for good and not just the evil of our soon to be Furby Overlords
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

There have also been instances recently where those AI bots have made up citations (lied) in order to justify their positions. So they have already learned the concept of "ends justify the means".

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Huge fan of openai's chatgpt ... probably spent an hour on it doing research today alone. It's simply amazing.
              Indeed. It's a fascinating resource to all, with caveats.

The end is near...

Comment

Frank Sinatra singing "Creep" by Radiohead ... AI isn't so bad ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Frank Sinatra singing "Creep" by Radiohead ... AI isn't so bad ...

AI this

Creep - Vintage Postmodern Jukebox Radiohead Cover ft. Haley Reinhart - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                  X