2012 Drought

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerGorilla View Post
    Isn't Oatville where the people trains run out of in "Planes, Trains, & Automobiles?" ...... Oh, wait, that was Stubville.
    Now that was FUNNY!!! ShockerGorilla just knocked it out of the yard!

I don't know a lot about Wichita, but I do know this, next time i'm in town, I'm staying at the Braidwood Inn.
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• As you say you got over 4.75" this week, which is bullcrap since we didn't get near that at the airport. We are still abnormally dry. #eastofturnpike. We got .2" today and only got .97" from the last storms.

I will say this once the storms that are coming today, will not come to the Mid-Con Airport area. More likely NE Wichita since they have already gotten all the mf rain. It's is bullshit. Storms do the "Moses Effect" on my part of Wichita.

Comment

• After the storms, this is me http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H22t-tiWiLw
        After the storms, this is everyone in North and East Wichita
        This is everyone in North and East Wichita saying to people in SW Wichita http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX7wtNOkuHo

Comment

• Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
          As you say you got over 4.75" this week, which is bullcrap since we didn't get near that at the airport. We are still abnormally dry. #eastofturnpike. We got .2" today and only got .97" from the last storms.

I will say this once the storms that are coming today, will not come to the Mid-Con Airport area. More likely NE Wichita since they have already gotten all the mf rain. It's is bullshit. Storms do the "Moses Effect" on my part of Wichita.
          WTF does #eastofturnpike mean? Cause you live west of it, and the "drought" isn't significantly better out east either.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• This thread delivers some serious lulz too.
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• just for dofo

TornadoTracks_4fbd458d255c5.jpg

Comment

• Dofo,

If you get your rain gauge out from under the carport, you can measure ALL the rain.

I think we should change the topic of discussion in this thread to "2012 DRAUGHT". Just got back from the Pacific NW and, my oh my, it seems everyone out there makes beers and ales. Mmmm.

--'85.
                Basketball Season Tix since '77-78 . . . . . . Baseball Season Tix since '88

Comment

• Out here had another 1.4 last night. These rains are great for lawns and pastures and growing crops, but we still need runoff desperately and remain in a drought, as far as I can tell. I just got back to the house from looking at ponds and none of them are full, not even close.

Comment

• Thank you^, we may have gotten good soaking rains; but the ponds are still ridiculously way too low. We still need great run-off rain "Downpours"

Comment

• This is an entertaining thread especially since we are in the long, long, long off season...
                      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• 50% of storms fell through tonight; still in a drought.

Comment

• As I think more deeplyabout this thread, I am compelled to agree with the drought premise. The drought is the driving force of the upcoming and unavoidable zombie Armageddon. Zombies crave two things: water and blood. Kai should merge this thread with the zombie thread and we could have a serious discussion. It just might save your life.
                          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Better yet, merge this thread with the zombie thread then move it to the basketball forum, then merge it with the football thread. Water, zombies and football all on the basketball forum, that would be epic!!!

Comment

• No rain in the 7 day forecast; looks like the fish will have to survive with what they have.

Comment

• Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
                                No rain in the 7 day forecast; looks like the fish will have to survive with what they have.
                                Speaking of fish, what did the blind man say when he walked past the fish market?

Comment

Working...
                                X