Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The storm total ended at midnight with .72"

Comment

• My yard is green because I have a sprinkler system. Anyone who doesn't grass is burnt and yellow

Comment

• Originally posted by PlaneShocker View Post
        The storm total ended at midnight with .72"
        It is currently 11:04 PM in Omaha, do you live in a different time zone?
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• I just checked Weatherbug, the NWS and 1Weather on my Droid Bionic. I selected Wichita as the location. All three give current conditions as scattered showers and state that it is not yet midnight. Maybe my phone is terribly slow, maybe the weather providers are slow, but if those sources are correct, I don't know how we already have a rain total and a time as of midnight. Maybe I need some of Dofo's burnt grass.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I live in Oatville. Not where you put on your map.
            So you're west of the turnpike?
            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

cs_299.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                This is a hybrid. This is a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. The amazing stuff about this is, that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on this stuff.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]336[/ATTACH]
                I live in the Oatville/Prospect Park/ Schulte Area

Comment

• At 1.04" now; need more

Comment

• Out here in God's country, we had an inch and a half. Wonder, million-dollar rain, some run-off, not much. The drought continues. I dunno why this is a topic, btw.

Comment

• I predict in June Wichita will receive >1 inch at least once in 30 day period.
                      This will happen^; the start of june; the start of a drought

Comment

• My grass was still green and growing, but there were some cracks in the ground up to about 3/8".

Then I got 3" of rain in the far SE part of Wichita.

That was the first significant rain we've had since May 14, when the tornado went through. I don't consider 2 weeks without rain to be a "drought". Especially when I got 3" to "break the drought".

2011 was a drought. 2012 is just short of a flood.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                          It will take years to recover from 2011, and 2012 is already critical. An occasional shower does virtually nothing.
                          Kind of like in shocked baseball. If u miss out in quality rain (recruits) for three years in a row, it is probably going to put u in a drought for several years. And it will take more than 1 years of good rain (recruiting class) to actually get out of the drought.

Comment

I live in the Oatville/Prospect Park/ Schulte Area
                            Drought photo taken from the "Oatville/Prospect Park/ Schulte Area"... aka DOFO's pond.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
                              My grass was still green and growing, but there were some cracks in the ground up to about 3/8".

Then I got 3" of rain in the far SE part of Wichita.

That was the first significant rain we've had since May 14, when the tornado went through. I don't consider 2 weeks without rain to be a "drought". Especially when I got 3" to "break the drought".

2011 was a drought. 2012 is just short of a flood.
                              My weeds are doing pretty good. It seems like they do good whether it rains or not.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Drought photo taken from the "Oatville/Prospect Park/ Schulte Area"... aka DOFO's pond.

That picture looks like someone spilled something on a rug.

Comment

Working...
                                X