Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2023 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Might as well get this started. Looking like the Blizzards are not in the cards this year.

Sunday could be Kansas first shot of severe weather of 2023. Long way out, but something to keep an eye on.

So the arctic push rolling through this afternoon isn't expected to bring a large amount of snow or anything with it? I've only seen little blurbs and haven't actually looked into the expected weather in regards to snowfall, though I think I've seen snow mentioned, but that may be for more northerly and westerly portions of the state.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      So the arctic push rolling through this afternoon isn't expected to bring a large amount of snow or anything with it? I've only seen little blurbs and haven't actually looked into the expected weather in regards to snowfall, though I think I've seen snow mentioned, but that may be for more northerly and westerly portions of the state.
      Not for us. Though it might get a little nippy tonight.

The snow is Northern Great Plains event. Rain is Missouri/Ilinois event.

Comment

svr day 5.jpg

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
        Might as well get this started. Looking like the Blizzards are not in the cards this year.

Sunday could be Kansas first shot of severe weather of 2023. Long way out, but something to keep an eye on.

Comment

So about a 22% chance
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Right now, this system looks like it may bring in beneficial rain. Severe threat seems low end with small hail, unless deep moisture can make it back up here. Tornadic potential will be more to the south, especially in OK.

Comment

Updated outlook. Oklahoma looks to be getting most of the action. It does seem we should get some good rain.

svr day 2.jpg

Tornado Probabilities

svr day 2t.jpg

Comment

Day 1 forecast is out. The threat has expanded slightly north. This is mainly due to threat of high winds from the storms tonight. Right now the dewpoint is only 39, and is not expected to climb much past the mid-50's. The T-storms looks to form a squal line as they move through - therefore main threat north of the Ok/Ks border is wind. Ok will have better low level moisture and instability.

svr day 1.jpg

svr day 1 radar.jpg

Radar simulation from the HRRR at 9pm tonight

Comment

The 1130am update from SPC. Largest threat is High wind event from tstorms

svr day 1w.jpg

Comment

B-b-b-bust
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                      B-b-b-bust
                      Liberal area had a home destroyed by tornado, but for here yea. The airport had a burst of wind at 58 mph just after 9:45PM and they received 1" of rain in 45 minutes.

Comment

Sounded like we had some good wind and decent rain at my place. They weren't expecting anything major. It was good to hear the sound of thunder again.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          B-b-b-bust
                          Not sure why it would be considered a bust. SPC prediction for moderate risk was for wind and it verified. The hail threat was less than predicted. Tornado threat was mainly in OK, it pretty much verified, except the tornadoes were east of their prediction.

Comment

Not sure why it would be considered a bust. SPC prediction for moderate risk was for wind and it verified. The hail threat was less than predicted. Tornado threat was mainly in OK, it pretty much verified, except the tornadoes were east of their prediction.
                            I’m talking about Wichita.
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

It did pretty much what they expected for Wichita didn't it? I know the last update I saw from BuCo EMS was anything remotely bad (hail, tornadoes) was going to be south of 54.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X