No announcement yet.

Another one bites the dust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before His Passing, James Earl Jones Handed Over The Rights To Recreate His Voice To AI To Ensure It Endured For Future Generations (msn.com)
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Credited with helping to shape the Southern California country-rock sound of the mid-1970s, J.D. Souther co-wrote the Eagles' 'New Kid in Town' and 'Best of My Love' and Linda Ronstadt's 'Faithless Love,' among other hits.

Have two of his albums

Comment

• Your Only Lonely is a great song and JD did a great job with the vocals. I think he could have had a much bigger singer career but sounds like he was more content and happy with song writing and working with other musicians behind the scenes.

Comment

• Founding member of No Doubt has passed.

American Songwriter - Original No Doubt Member Dies in Motorcycle Crash, Was 57

It’s a sad day for fans of ska-dance outfit No Doubt. According to reports, Gabriel ‘The Gun’ Gonzalez has passed away at the age of 57. He was the original trumpet player for No Doubt, and is also well-known and loved for his contributions to the California bands The Untouchables and Save Ferris.​

The announcement comes from a family representative who confirmed the death of Gonzalez to SPIN Magazine. According to the rep, Gonzalez passed away on September 12 in a motorcycle accident near Hermosa Beach, California. Further details on his death have not been released to the public.​

It’s a heartbreaking and unexpected death, especially because Gonzalez had been giving interviews just a few months earlier. Back in January, he spoke to SPIN about the death of his fellow No Doubt bandmate John Spense, as well as the origins of the band itself.​

“We all kind of knew that we were creating something different, and being in the mod-ska scene in the early mid-’80s was a pretty spectacular thing,” Gonzalez had said fondly of No Doubt.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• A Wichita legend has passed.

per his sister, Kerri Lacher, on Facebook

Since you all have been wondering about my eldest brother all these years, I wanted to share that Michael Lee Wolfberg passed away on September 17th, 2024. He was 70 years old. Michael suffered from bipolar disorder which was diagnosed when he was 21 years old. Bipolar disorder is genetic, as well as environmental. It happens from stress, lack of restorative sleep and genetic propensity. Michael was handsome, brilliant, a gifted debater, athletic, and driven as a teenager to excel. He was always a bit of a rebel. He decided he would graduate SMU, a private college in Dallas Texas, in 3 years instead of 4. He took 27 hours in one semester, and he did, indeed, graduate in 3 years. He majored in Business. He also destroyed the chemistry of his brain by not sleeping and pushing himself to the limit. Restorative sleep refreshes your brain and keeps the delicate balance of brain hormones in tact. Once your brain is out of balance, some people respond very well to medication. His genetics made it harder to get his brain chemistry back to balance, and when he was young, he would feel better and go off of it. He learned to stay on it, but he was on Lithium which destroys your kidneys when you are on it too long. As he aged, this is what he died of- kidney failure. I’m glad most of you saw the positive things about Michael. He loved his family and he loved Wichita. He called it “the promised land”. Unfortunately, even with medication, this mental illness is hard to manage and can destroy a person’s life, ambitions and relationships. Given the family’s ability to do so, we provided for him, as this disease is not a choice. None of what happened to Michael was his fault. He was never an addict. He barely drank, but when/if he did, it messed up the balance of his moods, as did caffeine. He could be manic or depressed depending on the cycling that occurs with this disease.

Thank you for the memories captured here. Now, he is finally resting in peace next to his grandparents, who he adored. He was loved and cared for his entire life in a way he could be free to be himself.

If you would like to do anything in memory of Michael, please donate to the National Institute of Mental Health to support research to help others with mental illness.
            I don't know how many names he was known by. There was a Facebook page set up for Crazy Mike Sightings. Back when I was in middle and high school I'd mostly heard him referred to as Disco Dan and would on occasion hear Sex Symbol Superstar. But I think no matter what he was referred to, you would know who was being talked about. Never heard anything bad about him other than some people thinking he was odd, but nice. Mental health is a ***** sometimes.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• There were times that I had interactions with Michael far more often than I wanted to....I had a family member that went to school with him back in the day and I know he tried to help Mike whenever possible. Mental health can be difficult at times, but rule number 1 (probably rule 1 through 50) is don't self "medicate" (and I use that word with all the possible sarcasm I can muster).

I often felt bad for him, and I hope he is at peace now. But do NOT try to fix what you think (or know) is wrong with substance abuse. The success rate is zero.

He would occasionally just walk into my office unannounced and dictate to me who could and could not contact him, as if I had any control. I also will never forget trying to help him with his 'Vet once....making a ton of noise and when upon inspection found the tailpipe held in place (but in no way, shape or form attached to anything of value, just being kept from dragging) by......wait for it......

a white tube sock. No single use utensils for that man. A true multitasker.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                He would occasionally just walk into my office unannounced and dictate to me who could and could not contact him, as if I had any control. I also will never forget trying to help him with his 'Vet once....making a ton of noise and when upon inspection found the tailpipe held in place (but in no way, shape or form attached to anything of value, just being kept from dragging) by......wait for it...... a white tube sock. No single use utensils for that man. A true multitasker.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                  A Wichita legend has passed.

per his sister, Kerri Lacher, on Facebook

I don't know how many names he was known by. There was a Facebook page set up for Crazy Mike Sightings. Back when I was in middle and high school I'd mostly heard him referred to as Disco Dan and would on occasion hear Sex Symbol Superstar. But I think no matter what he was referred to, you would know who was being talked about. Never heard anything bad about him other than some people thinking he was odd, but nice. Mental health is a ***** sometimes.

Is that eulogy French on why not to abuse hallucinogens?

Because if she's saying that a person can actually go Crazy Mike from studying too hard... I'm REALLY pissed I didn't have that info as a kid. It would have been my go-to anti-homework excuse.

Comment

Working...
                  X