Clear All

• WstateU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    New US record

KAKE - George Strait tops one of the most successful live bands in history to set new US concert attendance record

He is one of the biggest names in the music industry and is a living legend.
    One of my very favorite jackass lines at the bars ...

"Baby, do you like George Strait?"

Of course the girl ALWAYS says "yes".

Looks down at pants: "Hear that George!!?!"

My wife still falls for this one.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    New US record

One of his best…

122K likes, 1,060 comments - countrycentral on June 16, 2024: "110,905 in attendance for @georgestrait at Kyle Field. The largest concert ever held in the U.S. 🎥: @chloe.mcwilliams #georgestrait".

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    New US record

KAKE - George Strait tops one of the most successful live bands in history to set new US concert attendance record

All of George Strait’s fans, friends and exes must live in Texas.

The country music star performed at Kyle Field at Texas A&M in College Station, Texas over the weekend and set a new record for the largest US ticketed show in history.

The crowd topped at 110,905 people, which broke an all-time attendance record set by the Grateful Dead at New Jersey’s Raceway Park in 1977. A little over 107,000 concertgoers were in attendance at that Dead show.

According to Billboard, Straight told the crowd, “We got some Aggie’s out there? Oh yeah! I’m ashamed to say this, but this is my first time to ever be in Kyle Field… damn. Just invite me back, I’ll come!”

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    I don't know why I am commenting on this, because bottom line it's pretty cool. Probability really doesn't mean just the math. Maybe to have any 4 random individuals win (I roughly calculated 1 in a little less than 5 billion but that's based on 2020 enrollment average) it's that big but that's not taking into account an awful lot of things that factor into "probability".

On the other hand, the school appears to be an outstanding school with the curriculum broken into 2 parts, one for future medical pursuits (Health Science Academy) and the other Music and Theater focused. You can potentially be a CNA upon graduation (if you pass the test) and both offer the possibility to get a 2 year associates degree possible through another program. So academics are a big deal there. Lots of competition. Hats off to those young ladies.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    All 4 Daughters Named Valedictorian of Their High School - Outsmarting the Odds of 1 in 11 Billion

In Titusville, Florida, the unbelievable occurred as each of a married couple’s four daughters was named valedictorian of the same high school.

Someone with probability calculations told Fox News Digital that the chance of this happening is 1 in 11 billion.

Celebrations were heightened at the Rendina Household and the sense of relief was palpable in the air when 18-year-old Ryleigh Rendina was named valedictorian at Astronaut High School.

Ryleigh followed her older sisters Taylor, 20; Alisa, 22; and Makaley, 24 in being named valedictorian, something which their mother Tracey said was never pushed on any of them, or even suggested as a target.

“We never told them they had to make As. There was no ‘You have to do this or else.’ It was always, ‘You just do your best,’” Rendina told Fox.

Tracey, the math department chair at Astronaut High, and her husband Mike said they always encouraged them to do their best and nothing more, but after their eldest Makaley was named valedictorian, and then two years later Alisa was too, and then two years later Taylor was also accorded the honor, there was an inescapable anxiety about Ryleigh.

Tracey and Mike were worried that with such a storied household sorority, Ryleigh would be too anxious about being named valedictorian and that if she were not, she would feel like she let herself and the family down, or that she wasn’t smart, talented, or good enough.
    Impressive feat.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    I find this kind of fascinating. I believe this was recently done in England as well.

Portugal Welcomes First Wild Bison in 10,000 Years - the Keystone Species for Rewilding a Quarter-Million Acres

Rewilding Europe is thrilled to announce the arrival of a small herd of bison in a large valley in Portugal.

Believed to be the key to preventing catastrophic wildfires, invasive species spread, and promoting endemic biodiversity, it’s the first time bison have been present in Portugal since the last Glacial Maximum.

From Poland to Romania to the UK, European wood bison are now firmly recognized as one of the best tools for returning what little wilderness Europe has left to as wild a state as possible.

Once upon a time, all of Europe was covered in forests or scrubland, through which roamed the European bison and the steppe bison. Today, nations across the Old World are trying to reintroduce these large grazers into wild areas to help improve native ecosystems.

In Portugal, a country smaller than Pennsylvania, the gradual abandonment of the Greater Côa Valley has presented an unprecedented opportunity for rewilding in the small country.

The government has already set aside a quarter million acres of land for conservation, boasting an interesting mix of natural and semi-natural habitats of scrub, Mediterranean dry forests, and steep gorges.

The Iberian wolf is present on the land in the form of a small pack, and the area acts as a refuge for roe and red deer, wild boar, eagles, and an ancient cattle breed that’s left to roam wild as its ancestor, the mighty auroch, once did across Europe.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    The Duke

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    God I hope not.

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    It does not say if there was a swimsuit competition.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    Miss Alabama, 2024. Look it up

image.png
    The girl to the left of her in the white appears to be thinking, "what the actual ****?!"

The girl to the right in the pink appears to be thinking, "this is ****ing bullshit".

Leave a comment:

• pinstripers
    replied
    Miss Alabama, 2024. Look it up

image.png

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    A four tower structure that includes what would be the tallest building in the country for $577 million.

It cost a little over $205 million ($287 million in today's dollars) to build Intrust Bank Arena.

I think we may have been screwed....or the $577 million number is way, way off.

10 recent stadiums have cost between 1.3 and 5.5 BILLION (Sofi the outlier there...the other nine 1.3-1.9 Billion).

Clearly I'm not in construction because that makes little sense to me.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Exactly my thoughts or 90+ mph straight winds. Yikes!
    I don't think it would have much of any effect at all honestly. Modern skyscrapers can withstand airplane crashes. Maybe if it was a biblical level tornado it would blow debris into the glass and blast a floor open, but the structure itself would be okay IMO.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    What would a tornado do to something like that?
    Exactly my thoughts or 90+ mph straight winds. Yikes!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X