Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Metro Appliance ad total bull crap?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Metro Appliance ad total bull crap?

Is there anyone else calling BS on Metro Appliance saying that aren't allowed to advertise their prices b/c they are so low?

I agree, when I hear "are not allowed to advertise" makes a little skeptical. But it does look like to me they may serve a different customer base than say Best Buy. From what I can see they are targeting builder sales more than individual and maybe also deal with closeouts. I have always kind of wanted to stop by there and just check them out, but I never remember and they are kind of in off-traveled location.

Comment

There are many companies that restrict advertising lower prices, and some that require everyone to sale products at a certain price. Bose and Apple are two.

Comment

Its not BS, its an agreement between manufacturer and distributor.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
          There are many companies that restrict advertising lower prices, and some that require everyone to sale products at a certain price. Bose and Apple are two.

Oakley eyewear is another.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Very much so. They could be a big pain in the ass and worse if you were caught not following their rules.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

So who believes that Metro Appliances prices are so low they can't advertise them?

Comment

I do. I was in there recently looking at an LG front load set. The pair was 999. Most have each at 700-800.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

We bought a fridge there a few weeks ago. We did some research on prices beforehand and the price we paid was good. Delivery/set up and hauling away the old fridge was $35.
                  "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

Requiring a specific price like Apple does with the iPhone, isn't the same thing as saying a retailer can't advertise the price.

I say bull crapola.

So LG tells Metro they can't advertise the price b/c they want to sell fewer units?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post
                      Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      Legal price fixing?

Vertical Restraints After Repeal of Fair Trade
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Originally posted by ABC View Post
                        Requiring a specific price like Apple does with the iPhone, isn't the same thing as saying a retailer can't advertise the price.

I say bull crapola.

So LG tells Metro they can't advertise the price b/c they want to sell fewer units?
                        Actually it often IS the same thing. Research "Reseller Price Maintenance".

A stupid practice in my opinion, but now legal again.

Edit: My memory sucks: It's "resale" not "reseller".
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I think it might be so one retailer doesn't cut another.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Try usappliance.com or something like that. I bought an all new set for my kitchen and had it shipped at a price still cheaper than metro appliance. Not all of their prices are better. Plus they do sell different stuff compared to best buy. Higher end appliances in are what they specialize in.

Comment

Newegg.com will often have prices below MSRP and it won't list the price on the site. It isn't until it is in your basket that you see the price.

I figured it was a mix of rules and marketing but never really cared one way or the other.

Comment

Working...
                              X