Chiefs Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    Some think that Orton was the answer. I never did. I think that Orton = Cassel. Both are somewhere in the middle as QB's in the NFL. But I don't think that Cassel is the longer term answer (although he can probably get them to the playoffs). They need to continue to search and if they thought that Cousins may be the answer (I dont' know there evaluation), they shoudl have made sure they got him. I know that it's hindsight but they need to find an answer.
    I'm not saying Orton was the answer, but they played him over Stanzi to win games and take a look at him to see if they should go hard after him. They didn't. While they would have been willing to take Cousins, the reason they would wait until the 4th round is that they only wanted him as a value proposition. If they considered him to be definitively their guy for they future, they don't wait until the 4th round. That means that they see Cousins and Stanzi as fairly even. As such, drafting Cousins allows you to have an open competition between those two, but comes at the cost of not having roster space for both. Saying that you think competition at the developmental QB spot is worth a 4th round pick is not the same as saying that Cousins is your guy and you need to get him at all costs. In general, I only believe in trading up for guys that you consider can't-miss players (which basically means the guys that you are drafting day 1 or maybe day 2). Cousins would have been a good value proposition for the Chiefs if he had stayed on the board, but would not have been a good value if you had to give up picks or use up a earlier round pick to get him.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Now i am pissed. how could they pass up this guy? pulling my hair here!!

People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

That was fun.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          That was fun.
          Right? this guy is in minicamps at Buffalo...
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
            Right? this guy is in minicamps at Buffalo...
            I have no idea how many takes it took to get some of those shots, but it was impressive. I wish I had audio as well. May have to watch it again. Hope the kid can stick somewhere. Maybe we could trade for him?...
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I would ship Quinn over there. all they have behind fitz is Thiggy

Comment

I would ship Quinn over there. all they have behind fitz is Thiggy
                How about we trade Quinn and Cassel for Thiggy and this guy?
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Now i am pissed. how could they pass up this guy? pulling my hair here!!

:triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::triumphant::t riumphant::triumphant:

HE'S HERE!!! KC GOT HIM!!!!

Comment

Here is his contract. KC has him for three years.

Comment

Working...
                    X