• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deutschland kann es saugen!
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

WHY? Rules are rules. It's an ugly part of the sport. Act like you got a broken leg, then get up and finish the match.

In some cases, that applies to flopping in basketball as well (mostly in college ball). Pro ball it's generally a no harm, no call.
      But if they gave a yellow card for EVERY dive, Ronaldo would never get to play. :)
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Japan vs Spain was intriguing to me, but I never woulda thunk that Japan would win it. I do like watching Japan a lot though -- they are a disciplined and aggressive squad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          Japan vs Spain was intriguing to me, but I never woulda thunk that Japan would win it. I do like watching Japan a lot though -- they are a disciplined and aggressive squad.
          After I switched over to that game I almost said something similar. I was much more impressed with them than Costa Rica. I was going to call it controlled aggression and it was fun to watch. I don't know the stats, but they seemed to pass the ball quickly and accurately, at least early on. If that's their normal, they seem like a squad that on any given day could knock off just about anyone. They're not going to make a lot of mistakes but they're going to attack any mistake you make quickly and effectively.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              It's not out on either of those photos.

But holy crap is that close.

Comment

It's not out on either of those photos.

But holy crap is that close.
                Maybe. I have more of a problem with how they define out of bounds than this one particular call.

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Maybe. I have more of a problem with how they define out of bounds than this one particular call.
                  If even the slightest fraction of the sphere is hovering over the plane created by the white line, it's in bounds. You see a ton of ARs calling out of bounds in youth soccer just because more of the ball is out of bounds than in bounds and fans start barking -- so they just call it. Irritating, because it unnecessarily disrupts the game. If it's questionable a good AR should continue play and not disrupt the flow of the game. They need to see it _completely_, 100% cross the line without question.

In the case of this game, IMO, there is no way the AR could see it -- he's on the opposite side of the field with goal posts and bodies in the way. Since it was a goal, this is one place where VAR does pay off.

Comment

But if they gave a yellow card for EVERY dive, Ronaldo would never get to play. :)
                    At least you understand my point.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

At least you understand my point.
                      Yeah, and I am not arguing against it either. It's either better this Cup, or I have lived with it for so long I'm immune to it. It doesn't seem as bad as in the past, but I probably have just learned to ignore it, sadly. For whatever reason it doesn't have my attention this Cup.

Comment

• Time is ticking ... any word on who is going to start at the 9 yet?

Comment

• Oof Lalas just said he didn't think Sargent can go tomorrow. But Pulisic can.

Comment

• Who goes in Sargent's place? BA?

Next man up. I like this team.

Comment

• Ghana with a penalty shot.

Comment

• Saved. Still 0-0

Comment

Working...
                                X