Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April Severe Weather Week (April 8 - April 14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    I've got a flight to catch Sunday evening. Am I in the clear for weekend severe weather forecast?
    Right now Sunday evening looks clear. Might have interesting flight if u are going east though.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
      Gotta say, this news worries me. I am scared to death of the thought of tornadoes, and the fact that my roommate will be gone most of the weekend, leaving me alone, scares me even more. Is it crazy to think tomorrow might be my last day on earth? That's always my thought process when there is a threat of tornadoes, and from the sounds of it I should be legitamitely concerned for tomorrow.
      The whole reason why I think the spc went HIGH RISK is to bring public awareness. Most deaths are because people are caught unaware and in the open with no protection. So if you are keeping it in the back of your mind and knowing what you are going to do if something happens there is no reason to freak out. Just live the boy scout motto - BE PREPARED and u will be fine.

Comment

I can't wait to be at IBA at a concert during this time.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
          The whole reason why I think the spc went HIGH RISK is to bring public awareness. Most deaths are because people are caught unaware and in the open with no protection. So if you are keeping it in the back of your mind and knowing what you are going to do if something happens there is no reason to freak out. Just live the boy scout motto - BE PREPARED and u will be fine.
          Agreed. Also you posted the ICT AFD and they mentioned the nighttime tornado threat and the increased probability for loss of life when tornadoes strike at night.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

We have a funeral in Wichita tomorrow afternoon. I hope this thing waits until after 3-4pm to get going.

Comment

According to the weather channel, it's going to be a 7pm to 2am event for Wichita

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                We have a funeral in Wichita tomorrow afternoon. I hope this thing waits until after 3-4pm to get going.
                Should be fine.

Comment

I've been following the target area discussion on StormTrack.org and it sounds like the SPC has backed off the "alarmist" language from this morning in the most recent outlook. Still in a high risk area, however. And they've added a high risk area for eastern NE and western IA.

Comment

I've been following the target area discussion on StormTrack.org and it sounds like the SPC has backed off the "alarmist" language from this morning in the most recent outlook. Still in a high risk area, however. And they've added a high risk area for eastern NE and western IA.

Wow, it looks like Wichita and Omaha could both get hit with tornadoes or bad storms on the same night.

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
                      Wow, it looks like Wichita and Omaha could both get hit with tornadoes or bad storms on the same night.
                      Doug Elgin and the rest of the MVC is behind that. They know both schools want an invite to a better conference and he's coordinated with Mother Nature to try and knock us down a peg.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Different forecaster who probably a little more "conservative". But nothing changed except the threat expanded.

Comment

nm

Comment

Working...
                          X