Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

April Severe Weather Week (April 8 - April 14)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]256[/ATTACH]

Mike Smith has pointed out that there is L-Shape Hodograph from the NAM on Friday for Wichita
    Well,....that's good to know.....I think?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
      Well,....that's good to know.....I think?
      if it verifies, it would be one of the main ingredients for super cells and possibly significant tornadoes.

Capture.JPG
      Last edited by SB Shock; April 12, 2012, 12:42 AM.

Comment

SPC goes Day 3 Moderate for SC KS. On track for a High Risk Day.

Shocker Fever said the Key thing for Saturday just above: The SLP has to deepen in Western KS so that winds can back across the warm sector in order for it to be an outbreak day.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Also as the SPC points out in their day 3 outlook for Saturday, the threat for tornadoes will not diminish after dark. Moderate Instability will be in place well after dark, and the wind profiles almost enhance after dark. Capping does not look to build back in immediately after dark either.

Comment

Yes Saturday is looking very rough potentially for Wichita area. There are also prom going on that night.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              Yes Saturday is looking very rough potentially for Wichita area. There are also prom going on that night.
              Dr. Greg Forbes has South Central KS Tor Con as a 7. Says At least a small tornado outbreak through Oklahoma through North Central Kansas

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                Hail will be a big threat with this system.
                Speaking of hail, look what happened in Texas.

4 feet of hail in Texas

Comment

Damn. Hope to never see that around here

Comment

For those that know Hodographs (wind profiles) this is one of the more dangerous looking ones I have seen post-sunset. This is for 10PM Saturday night.

This is for just west of Wichita, in between Kingman and Wichita.

I hope I am not coming across as a hype machine, trying to keep things relative and in perspective. I think I have done that.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
                      For those that know Hodographs (wind profiles) this is one of the more dangerous looking ones I have seen post-sunset. This is for 10PM Saturday night.

This is for just west of Wichita, in between Kingman and Wichita.

I hope I am not coming across as a hype machine, trying to keep things relative and in perspective. I think I have done that.
                      I'm curious, if you went to a shopping mall or a WSU baseball game and asked people, just how many would know what a hodograph is (OK, I looked it up) and how to read one (not a clue). I enjoy reading the "weather" threads, but would appreciate that when you guys get technical, to at least give a short mention as to the what something means and why (and do so in a lingo us rank and file understand). Otherwise, you are just preaching to the pulpit. Thanks.

Comment

How often is their a 60% hatched area during tornado season ?

Comment

High Risk days don't come along very often. Probably time to break Friday and Saturday into separate threads.

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post

How often is their a 60% hatched area during tornado season ?
                            For Day Two Outlooks they are extremely rare. However, since they are combined probabilities for Tornado, Wind, and Hail they are somewhat more likely to occur in a Day 2 (though that High Risk is drivin by the tornado threat, especially the Night time threat). In Day 1 they break it down into the three categories (wind, hail, tornados) and seeing 60% tornado is extremely rare. It happened twice last year, and before last year it happened once in 2006 I believen, and never before that. 60% Hail might be even rarer, I've seen it once. 60% wind, is probably the least rarest of the three. Issued for Severe, Long Tracked wind storms (May 8, 2008 as a local example).

Comment

I've got a flight to catch Sunday evening. Am I in the clear for weekend severe weather forecast?

Comment

Gotta say, this news worries me. I am scared to death of the thought of tornadoes, and the fact that my roommate will be gone most of the weekend, leaving me alone, scares me even more. Is it crazy to think tomorrow might be my last day on earth? That's always my thought process when there is a threat of tornadoes, and from the sounds of it I should be legitamitely concerned for tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X