The Hamburger Man?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Hamburger Man?

Okay you Hutch people... I am just now hearing about this and want to know why. And what do you know about the tale of The Hamburger Man and/or Hamburger Hill?

I'm a fan of the spooky and supernatural. I don't believe everything I hear or read, but in some cases, I'm open to the possibility of some unnatural occurrences. Some just make for some good stories while others creep me the hell out, but I like them either way.

Reddit - KS Urban Legend; Hamburger Man of Sand Hill

Scared to Death podcast I listen/watch that tells a tale about it.

I'm familiar with things like the Sallie House in Atchison, tales of hauntings at Ft. Leavenworth and Ft. Hays, Hotel Josephine in Holton, the legend of Stull Cemetery and such. But I'd never heard of The Hamburger Man until today.

Odd story, but curious if anyone has anything to say about it. Or if anyone from the Hutch area hadn't heard about it. Curious if this is truly a well known thing in that area or not.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

I ain't scared of no hamburger man!! I got ketchup and an APPETITE, beotch!!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      I ain't scared of no hamburger man!! I got ketchup and an APPETITE, beotch!!
      But if he turns you into the hamburger, you're only providing him with a free condiment.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I couldn’t make it through that video, but were they talking about this “hamburger man”?

Or maybe this one…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Haven't heard of the Hamburger Man one, but had heard of the Fiske Hall one mentioned in the Sunflower article mentioned in the reddit link - https://thesunflower.com/11012/speci...the-heartland/

WSU campus – Wilner, Fiske and Henrion Halls – Wilner, Fiske and Henrion Halls are all rumored to be haunted. Multiple campus policer officers are wary of entering any of the three halls at night, due to the “flickering lights, doors closing on their own, and noises.”

Henrion is haunted by the ghost of a maintenance worker who was electrocuted in the 1950s. His ghost is rumored to appear in the building late at night.

Wilner is rumored to be haunted by the ghost of George Wilner. Though the paranormal activity in the building may be frightening, his spirit is said to be friendly, and only remains in the building to protect it.

Fiske Hall is the oldest building on campus and was previously used as an infirmary. It’s rumored to be haunted by the ghosts of deceased patients.
          Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

That might explain the screams I heard early one morning as the sun was just coming up when we were staying in Sand Hills State Park.

Ok, they were actually gun shots, not screams. (True. But probably hunters.)

Maybe this is his front business: https://thehamburgerman.com/

But seriously, never heard of it. I've done some hiking in the park (just along the trails) and don't remember seeing anything resembling a shack.

Comment

Hamburger Gene operated a hamburger wagon on 1st and Main for 24 years, until the city chose not to renew his license, reportedly due to high demand for similar street cart licenses and the city's desire not to become cluttered with similar wagons. At the time, there were permit applications for a cold drinks stand at...

Comment

The high school I went to was 100% haunted. There was a girl that showed up to the front door around 11pm. The custodian went and opened the door and talked to her. She asked if he had seen her parents, he turned around to call for someone and when her turned back around she was gone. They went and pulled the tape to try and find her but all they saw and heard was him talking to nothing.

One of the science rooms was haunted as well. You could hear foot steps up on the roof above it. They went out and looked for who was walking on the roof but there was nobody up there, and they could still hear the steps.

The auditorium was built over the old HS gym. you can hear girls talking in the old girls locker room (now a changing room). This has been collaborated every year when they practice the musical and students are there late into the night.

My home town has a very violent, bloody history.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Probably the most common occurrence I have heard of is Charlie, the child who lives in the roadhouse a couple miles down the road from me. People who show up at night repeatedly can actually sit and talk with him. Occasionally you can see him though a window, or the light in his room will be on even though the electricity has been disconnected and there is no power to the structure.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                    The high school I went to was 100% haunted. There was a girl that showed up to the front door around 11pm. The custodian went and opened the door and talked to her. She asked if he had seen her parents, he turned around to call for someone and when her turned back around she was gone. They went and pulled the tape to try and find her but all they saw and heard was him talking to nothing.

One of the science rooms was haunted as well. You could hear foot steps up on the roof above it. They went out and looked for who was walking on the roof but there was nobody up there, and they could still hear the steps.

The auditorium was built over the old HS gym. you can hear girls talking in the old girls locker room (now a changing room). This has been collaborated every year when they practice the musical and students are there late into the night.

My home town has a very violent, bloody history.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You have me intrigued.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        You have me intrigued.
                        Fly up and I’ll take you to the roadhouse.
                        The ghost of a young boy haunted the original Tonsina Roadhouse/Lodge. Reports say he inhabits Room 8 of the abandoned Lodge.

#2 is also just up the road from me.

my best friend lived in a place that was likely built where a bunch of natives were killed (it’s near a traditional native village). He had multiple “walkers” (drunk natives that roam the woods at night) show up in altered states screaming about the war taking place around his house. He shrugged off the first couple, but the longer he lived there the more it happened, each time with different natives. On top of that, every couple that lived there either got divorced or almost did. They felt the pressure and eventually moved. He sold it to a young couple. They were divorced within months.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          The high school I went to was 100% haunted. There was a girl that showed up to the front door around 11pm. The custodian went and opened the door and ...
                          Up to this point, I was just SURE this story was going to go a different direction.

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Any of you recall a story of a large wandering dog with the face of a bearded man that roamed the canal between Douglas and Linwood Park?
                            As a 12 year old, my College Hill pals and I went to search for it. All day. Of course never found it….

Here is a recent article in the Topeka newspaper on some haunted areas.

Comment

Working...
                            X