X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of the Apocolypse

KAKE - Jake Gyllenhaal to star in 'Road House' remake for Amazon Prime

What the actual ****?

According to a synopsis, the movie will be "a reimagined take" on the 1989 film that starred Patrick Swayze. "The Bourne Identity" director Doug Liman will direct.

The new film follows a former UFC fighter (Gyllenhaal) who "takes a job as a bouncer at a rough-and-tumble roadhouse in the Florida Keys, but soon discovers that not everything is what it seems in this tropical paradise," according to a press release.

"Road House is a homerun for us. Not only is it a nod to fans of the original, but it is also a big, fun, broad audience movie," said Jennifer Salke, head of Amazon Studios. "We are thrilled to collaborate with Joel (Silver), Doug, and this great cast led by Jake Gyllenhaal, and for them to come together to reimagine the classic MGM film as an action-packed adventure for our global audience."

Liman said, "I'm thrilled to put my own spin on the beloved Road House legacy. And I can't wait to show audiences what Jake and I are going to do with this iconic role."
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Be nice.

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Just saw an article about a bunch of new spinoffs in development - https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...oots-recasting - seems like most of them will be on streaming services.

The 'reimagined take' with regards to Road House reminds me of the Walker series on CW. It's a 'reimagined take' of the original Walker, Texas Ranger show, but the only thing that is the same is his name and he's a Texas Ranger :) Otherwise the show seems like they just wanted to take advantage of the popularity of shows like Longmire and Yellowstone and it's more of a knockoff of one of them instead.
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          Maybe they will try to be all woke and make it like a brokeback mountain style remake.

Comment

It's also being reported that Conor McGregor will make his big screen debut in this re-make.

Comment

Can someone come up with an original thought these days?
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

KAKE - Oscar Mayer is now selling frozen wiener pops

Two summer staples — hot dogs and popsicles — are coming together. For whatever reason.

Oscar Mayer is selling its first-ever "Cold Dog," a frozen pop that tastes like the brand's hot weiner that allegedly boasts "both refreshing and smokey, umami notes" of a hot dog and topped with a mustard swirl. The idea stems from an Instagram post on Oscar Mayer's account a few months ago, in which its followers originally deemed the idea "genius" in a poll.

"After the overwhelming fan excitement for our beloved Cold Dog, it was a no-brainer to make this hot dog-inspired frozen pop a reality," said Anne Field, an Oscar Mayer spokesperson, said in a press release.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Gross.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Correct response
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

There was talk of a guy at a MLB game who took a straw and hollowed out a hot dog and then used it as a straw to suck the beer out of his beer cup.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        There was talk of a guy at a MLB game who took a straw and hollowed out a hot dog and then used it as a straw to suck the beer out of his beer cup.
                        That's expected from Yankees fans
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                          "Suckin" on a weenie.

Comment

there's no need for that

Comment

Suckin on weenies sounds more up the alley of Dodger fans...

Comment

Working...
                              X