Local Celebrity Under Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Local Celebrity Under Fire

I've seen the social media posts that were going around about the alleged incident, and they're disturbing.

KWCH - Well-known Wichita DJ off air after sexual-harassment allegation

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - A former Wichita radio personality shared his story after he said he was sexually harassed in the workplace by a well-known fellow DJ on 93.5 FM. Thursday afternoon, Eyewitness News learned Greg “The Hitman” Williams has been taken off the air as the station investigates.

In response to the allegation, Williams offered the following statement he shared on his public Facebook page:

“The allegations being spread on social media by a former employee can never be proven because they are not true. I will share more at the appropriate time in the appropriate way.”

Eyewitness News looked into the situation after Johnny Starks detailed what he said happened in a Wednesday night Facebook post that’s been widely shared. Eyewitness News spoke with Starks Thursday afternoon. He started working for Power 93.5 about six months ago to host the afternoon drive-time slot. Starks has worked in radio for years and moved to Wichita from Chicago.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Not surprised in the least. There have been all kinds of rumors about how shady Hitman is for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Not surprised in the least. There have been all kinds of rumors about how shady Hitman is for a long time.
      I have seen some social media posts that have pretty much said the same thing.
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

The parade begins

KWCH - More accusers speak out against radio host Greg 'The Hitman' Williams

WICHITA, Kan. (KWCH) - Less than a week after a former Power 93.5 DJ detailed an incident accusing radio host Greg “The Hitman” Williams of sexual harassment in a radio station bathroom,Eyewitness News is hearing more from people who say Williams made inappropriate and unwanted advances.

Williams is denying the allegations and remains off the air as the radio station’s owners investigate. But Johnny Starks, known as “DJ Koolout” said since he shared his story about Williams on Facebook, others have been reaching out to them with their own encounters with Williams.

Among those coming forward is Megan Thomas who worked as the head waitress at a former downtown Wichita lounge and bar. About a decade ago, she said Williams’ station was hosting an event there and Thomas said she was talking to the radio DJ and planning out the night.

“He looked at me and he reached down with his right hand and he grabbed my vagina and he said to me, ‘I’ll get that later,’ and then swiftly walked away from me. And he grabbed me pretty hard and I just stood there in absolute shock,” Williams said.
        He's not at Deshaun Watson levels, but I get the feeling we may hear about more in the coming weeks.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

KWCH - Attorney for Greg 'The Hitman' Williams releases statement calling allegations 'verifiably false'

On Tuesday, Graybill & Hazlewood, L.L.C. released a statement on Williams’ behalf calling allegations made by Johnny “Koolout” Starks, a former Power 93.5 DJ and Audacy employee, “verifiably false.” The law office also said Williams can be backed up by security videos.

“The allegations by Johnny Starks on social media about a supposed bathroom incident after his show on July 6, and his termination the next day in retaliation, are verifiably false. Security videos prove Greg Williams left the building before Starks’ show ended that day. Further, the documented process of terminating Starks’ employment began long before, and had nothing to do with anything on, July 6. There was no bathroom incident and no retaliation. It is unfortunate and unfair to Williams that social media, and some traditional media outlets, have allowed unfounded allegations to be circulated so easily,” reads the statement.
          The plot thickens.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Who owns 93.5?

What genre are they?

The only thing I know about Greg Williams is what I've seen at "Meet the Shockers" each pre-season.

Comment

So it sounds like Starks was fired so he lied to get revenge on Williams, and there is camera footage to prove his accusation is a lie?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

So it sounds like Starks was fired so he lied to get revenge on Williams, and there is camera footage to prove his accusation is a lie?
                That's at least what the lawyers seems to be saying. I'm assuming all footage has been looked at to verify if Williams left and stayed gone and didn't come back.

If so, it doesn't look good for Starks and his story. And if that's true, how dumb is Starks? You know there are cameras everywhere at the station. And if you talked to him after your show every day like you claimed, you would know if he was actually in the building or not. Though I suppose if you get fired and 'panic' or something, maybe you don't think things through like that.

Or, maybe Williams has a doppelganger and that's what we have here. Plot twist!
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

I hate to say it, but it's a train wreck story back and forth. Just spend a couple of minutes on each of their FB pages and read the posts and comments and you'll see what I mean. Regardless of where the truth lies (oxymoron?) the entire scene is completely effed up. You have to feel bad for everyone involved, but you wonder how much of the problem is self inflicted (on every end). I am making no judgements either way. But this is a complete freak show.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I hate to say it, but it's a train wreck story back and forth. Just spend a couple of minutes on each of their FB pages and read the posts and comments and you'll see what I mean. Regardless of where the truth lies (oxymoron?) the entire scene is completely effed up. You have to feel bad for everyone involved, but you wonder how much of the problem is self inflicted (on every end). I am making no judgements either way. But this is a complete freak show.
                    Now you have me contemplating looking up their FB pages... Maybe later.
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                    X