Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Shocker in the Guinness Book

WSU - Shocker alum breaks Guinness world paper airplane record

Once he arrived in Kansas to attend Wichita State, Chee continued to pursue the world record. For a while, he used Wichita State's Bombardier Indoor Practice Facility and an old airplane hangar to test his paper airplane deigns.

“Getting the planes to fly further and faster was just a natural step for me, and it got to the point where they were starting to match the world record times,” Chee said.

Unfortunately, the demands of being a student forced Chee to pause his pursuit of the world record and focus on his studies and his job. However, a friend from South Korea reached out and asked Chee if he could use his design to try and break the world record.

On April 16 using Chee’s design, Kim Kyu Tae and Shin Moo Joon — both from South Korea — added some small modifications to Chee’s design and threw the plane a jaw-dropping 252 feet, smashing the previous world record by 26 feet.
    This is actually an interesting piece on Chee. A little about growing up and his fascination with flight in Malaysia to building rockets and working on the Innovation Campus for Airbus.

I'm not sure I ever got a paper airplane to fly more than 50 feet, maybe, but was intrigued by them as a child and I even purchased a book on how to make different ones from the book fair or something at my elementary school.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    WSU - Shocker alum breaks Guinness world paper airplane record

This is actually an interesting piece on Chee. A little about growing up and his fascination with flight in Malaysia to building rockets and working on the Innovation Campus for Airbus.

I'm not sure I ever got a paper airplane to fly more than 50 feet, maybe, but was intrigued by them as a child and I even purchased a book on how to make different ones from the book fair or something at my elementary school.
    Wow, an impressive young man.
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Wow, an impressive young man.
      I'm not that young anymore, and definitely not impressive.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Comment

Working...
        X