• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Symptom? No longer blows cold air.

Age? Old.

Coolant? R22

I had R22 put in about 10 years ago when this happened. It cost me something like $20. R22 is no longer manufactured and is expensive as hell now as supplies diminish.

I'm curious to see what others say. Talked to a co-worker a little bit ago that said that had a high efficiency complete replacement of everything for maybe 1k more than my current quote, which I told them I didn't need anything special, just the bear minimum more or less. I believe he said he used Cook who I may check into as well. Though he did also have good things to say about Bryan's. Not so much for Fahnestock.

I have two scheduled to visit next week currently. We'll see where it all goes.
    High efficiency doesn't pencil out in ROI. Just get the standard garb.

Stay away from Cook's. First hand experience there.

Stay away from Reddi for obvious ownership reasons I won't re-hash, but go enjoy yourself some Shhhpangles, check out the Ice Center that was ran into the ground, get yourself a Toyota on Kellogg with a payment that somehow is higher than the term/rate/value should come out to, or enjoy how Vasa turned into Genesis.

Comment

Ah! They Toyota place. I could tell you horror stories. Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

High efficiency doesn't pencil out in ROI. Just get the standard garb.

Stay away from Cook's. First hand experience there.

Stay away from Reddi for obvious ownership reasons I won't re-hash, but go enjoy yourself some Shhhpangles, check out the Ice Center that was ran into the ground, get yourself a Toyota on Kellogg with a payment that somehow is higher than the term/rate/value should come out to, or enjoy how Vasa turned into Genesis.
        Well that's probably another reason the water heater was so high. That's who my landlord uses. Reddi charged them $2,200 for 40 gal unit installed.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post

Well that's probably another reason the water heater was so high. That's who my landlord uses. Reddi charged them $2,200 for 40 gal unit installed.
          Holy ****! I own a hardware store, and a standard 6 year water heater retails around $650 at the high end. That is a LOT of labor. And never buy a 10 year water heater. I promise you it is the exact same unit as the 6 year. Different label and higher price for the manufacturer to be responsible for it longer. I have a 50 gallon heater in my basement that is 23 years old. When it craps out it doesn’t owe me a nickel.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

New efficiency standards a few years back. So you can spend hundreds to save pennies. Government math.

Not a joke.
            100% true.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
            X