Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup 2022 - Qatar

We'll need a new thread for the Cup.

Here is a link to the main WC FIFA site: https://www.fifa.com/tournaments/men...dcup/qatar2022

Here is a link to a Draw predictor game: https://play.fifa.com/predictor/
    Kinda interesting.
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

The World Cup draw is tomorrow.

If you could pick the teams in the US group, what would your preference be?

For me, I would choose Qatar out of the 1st group, Tunisia out of the 3rd and perhaps the winner of Peru, Australia, UAE.

Comment

My personal group of death would be Brazil, Poland & Ghana.

Comment

I don't want anything to do with Qatar in group play. The refs will be paid off by the sheiks to make it out of first round. You could probably get unbelievable odds in the early minutes of announcing the matches and make enough money on their one win to easily offset the two losses/draws if you are so inclined.

I guess our best case scenario is:

Portugal
        Croatia
        South Korea or Tunisia

Maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          I don't want anything to do with Qatar in group play. The refs will be paid off by the sheiks to make it out of first round. You could probably get unbelievable odds in the early minutes of announcing the matches and make enough money on their one win to easily offset the two losses/draws if you are so inclined.

I guess our best case scenario is:

Portugal
          Croatia
          South Korea or Tunisia

Maybe?
          Croatia is in Pot 2 with us so we can't face them in group play.

I wouldn't mind Portugal, but that late tying goal from Ronaldo will always haunt me.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I wouldn't mind Portugal, but that late tying goal from Ronaldo will always haunt me.
            The assist was from Ronaldo, the goal was by Silvestre Varela. But the cross was world class.

That said, it didn’t really matter since Germany beat us. But a win against the 2016 European champions would have been nice.

The worst is Wondo’s missed sitter against Belgium in regular time. That one really haunts me.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Remember, at least one team from Europe has to be in each pod, with a couple pods having two from Europe.

Comment

Oops!

Comment

The thing I love about the Word Cup Draw is they get right to the point. No messing around.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    The thing I love about the Word Cup Draw is they get right to the point. No messing around.
                    LMAO

Comment

I just do not get the seemingly unending pop culture like build up to these sort of things. Too old I guess.

Comment

Only soccer folks could make an event this unnecessarily complicated and drawn out.

Comment

Comment

Group A Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal , Netherlands

Group B England, Iran, USA, Wales or Scotland or Ukraine

Group C Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland

Group D France, Australia or Peru or UAE, Denmark, Tunisia

Group E Spain, Costa Rica or New Zealand, Germany, Japan

Group F Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia

Group G Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon

Group H Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, Korea Republic

Apparently "H" is now pronounced "Hache".

No surprise that the home team, Qatar is getting the easiest group possible for them to advance. They open with Ecuador.
                            Last edited by WuDrWu; April 1, 2022, 12:33 PM.

Comment

Group A Group B Group C Group D Group E Group F Group G Group H

Qatar England Argentina France Spain Belgium Brazil Portugal
                              I will move these posts to the World Cup thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X