Bourbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lol. I won't continue.

I will say that I suspect 100% of 21 yr old's drinking straight whiskey for the very first time would agree it is gag-inducing. So I think it's clearly an acquired taste that is drank mostly for effect. I have drank some whiskey on occasion, and while it is normally jarring at first, after the first glass it's quite smooth. It does seem to elicit a different buzz than beer, wine, etc. I would liken it to a "pharmaceutical buzz" - at least that's how it feels to me.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
      Lol. I won't continue.

I will say that I suspect 100% of 21 yr old's drinking straight whiskey for the very first time would agree it is gag-inducing. So I think it's clearly an acquired taste that is drank mostly for effect. I have drank some whiskey on occasion, and while it is normally jarring at first, after the first glass it's quite smooth. It does seem to elicit a different buzz than beer, wine, etc. I would liken it to a "pharmaceutical buzz" - at least that's how it feels to me.
      You don’t generally drink more than two fingers of whiskey in a sitting. It is certainly an acquired taste, but so is beer, wine, coffee, and soda.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

You don’t generally drink more than two fingers of whiskey in a sitting. It is certainly an acquired taste, but so is beer, wine, coffee, and soda.
        And that’s why spending more on it is acceptable. You aren’t (or at least shouldn’t) going to mix it with coke or something like that. That’s what Canadian whisky is really good for.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

And that’s why spending more on it is acceptable. You aren’t (or at least shouldn’t) going to mix it with coke or something like that. That’s what Canadian whisky is really good for.
          Exactly. When I say daily sipper, it doesn't mean I drink it daily. Probably about every two weeks, I'll sit down and have a drink. I used to drink swill, but when I went on my weight loss and health phase, I decided quality over quantity.

Evan Williams is for mixing with Coke, Elijah Craig is a great, mid priced bourbon for drinking straight. Again, I love Basil Hayden as it's only 80 proof.
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

1F476617-65AF-4C5A-BCAD-1AB836EB626C.jpeg
            7EB8B49A-4783-43F6-9DD8-E53929CA6001.jpeg
            Here is the extent of my local selection, 45 miles north. Photo cred goes to my wife. She picked up a bottle of Yellowstone for me. I just noticed the Basil. Maybe next time.
            Attached Files
            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I thought that was your stash until you clarified...

Comment

7EB8B49A-4783-43F6-9DD8-E53929CA6001.jpeg
                Here is the extent of my local selection, 45 miles north. Photo cred goes to my wife. She picked up a bottle of Yellowstone for me. I just noticed the Basil. Maybe next time.
                Thanks for qualifying the pic. I thought it was Kung’s pantry during COVID.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post

Exactly. When I say daily sipper, it doesn't mean I drink it daily. Probably about every two weeks, I'll sit down and have a drink. I used to drink swill, but when I went on my weight loss and health phase, I decided quality over quantity.

Evan Williams is for mixing with Coke, Elijah Craig is a great, mid priced bourbon for drinking straight. Again, I love Basil Hayden as it's only 80 proof.
                  Fine.But wehn i say howrly, I
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Finally, a thread that can bring me joy in the past two years!!

Here is some of the selection my pops and I have amassed.
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 3 photos.
                    Last edited by Shock Top; March 14, 2022, 06:48 PM.
                    The Assman

Comment

No joke, an exceptional bang for the buck daily:

Wild Turkey 101
                      The Assman

Comment

if you haven’t tried that Buffalo Trace Burbon Cream; give it a go.

Stuff is money.

The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                          Finally, a thread that can bring me joy in the past two years!!

Here is some of the selection my pops and I have amassed.
                          Now that is a hell of a home bar!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Shock Top View Post

if you haven’t tried that Buffalo Trace Burbon Cream; give it a go.

Stuff is money.

I’m not a big fan of Baileys, so I was hesitant to pull the trigger

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Thanks for qualifying the pic.
                              Yeah, having Comfort front and center in that pic was enough to make one blind.

Comment

Yellowstone has too much of a cherry tone for me. Reminds me of Jim Beam Red Stag.

Comment

Working...
                                X