Bourbon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bourbon

I’m looking for another daily sipper. I drink a lot of BSB 103 neat or bottle pulls only. As ironic as it is to say, ice is too much of a hassle. I want to diversify, but shooters are hard to come by.

Currently considering Buffalo Trace, Yellowstone, Four Roses, and Old Elk.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Some of my favorites:

Angels Envy, Eagle Rare, High West American Prairie or Double Rye (or any High West), Stagg Jr., Templeton Rye, Blantons, Basil Haydens. Rye's are technically not a bourbon but they are a delicious whiskey. Any of these you should be able to enjoy neat. Buffalo Trace and Four Roses are good as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
      Some of my favorites:

Angels Envy, Eagle Rare, High West American Prairie or Double Rye (or any High West), Stagg Jr., Templeton Rye, Blantons, Basil Haydens. Rye's are technically not a bourbon but they are a delicious whiskey. Any of these you should be able to enjoy neat. Buffalo Trace and Four Roses are good as well.
      I want to try some Stagg but it’s a little out of my price range right now.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

I want to try some Stagg but it’s a little out of my price range right now.
        I feel ya. I got it as a gift. There are some just as good in the $35 - $45 range.

Comment

I nice cheap sipping bourbon is Weller. It’s wheated, so a little different, but quite good. Also Monkey Shoulder.

Another recommendation for Four Roses.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Basil Hayden is my favorite daily. Its criticized by some of the bourbon snobs being only 80 proof, but it delivers a lot of flavor and a very clean finish. Jack is my mixing bourbon. Templeton Rye is my choice for a fantastic Manhattan.
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

My sipping whiskey is simple. My go-to is Makers 46, which is aged longer with seared French oak staves than the generic Makers Mark. As a special treat, when I can get it, is Pappy Van Winkle's 20-year.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                Basil Hayden is my favorite daily. Its criticized by some of the bourbon snobs being only 80 proof, but it delivers a lot of flavor and a very clean finish.
                Thatsh my hpurly! An if im beein honesht i think 80 proov ish perfecr for me.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Thatsh my hpurly! An if im beein honesht i think 80 proov ish perfecr for me.
                  I also like a lower proof. No reason to get sloshed while sipping a good whiskey.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                    My sipping whiskey is simple. My go-to is Makers 46, which is aged longer with seared French oak staves than the generic Makers Mark. As a special treat, when I can get it, is Pappy Van Winkle's 20-year.
                    So where do you get Pappy, and how much is it?
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I've had Pappy's once. Never owned a bottle.
                      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Pappy is good but no where near worth the price IMO.

Comment

You have to have pictures on their CEO. Most large liquor stores, in Wichita anyway, will get about 4-5 bottles in November sometime. I have gotten lucky that a friend is a close friend of a liquor store owner that receives Pappy's, so I have gotten a couple of bottles over the past 8 years or so. I paid $130 per bottle. I get MK Ruiz thinks it is overpriced, but welcome to the western world. It is smooooooooooooooooth as it gets.

Comment

$130 is reasonable. I was thinking it was 5 to 10 times that price.

Every year when I get my bonus, I buy a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label to celebrate not losing my job!
                            Livin the dream

Comment

$130 is reasonable. I was thinking it was 5 to 10 times that price.

Every year when I get my bonus, I buy a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue Label to celebrate not losing my job!
                              Haven't gotten a bottle in about 4 years. I hear it is more.

Comment

Working...
                              X