P2P TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P2P TV

Alright, so I'm overseas and not having any real access to sports channels is killing me. Now, don't get me wrong I'm a big fan of soccer, after a while I get bored, especially local leagues. I'll be going to some basketball games, which is actually pretty good. Its still Euroleague crap, though, and I needs my American ESPN!

So, how does everyone feel about P2P TV. I'm sure there are risks involved. but I have found some that will show EPSN. I've been watching some too. Even ESPN2.

Royal, ShockBand you have some suggestions?

You (or someone) will have to educate me on P2P TV. I'm not familiar with it.

Comment

I'm not really familiar with the P2PTV architecture either, though I'll certainly add it to my list of stuff to check out!

Do you have anyone back here at home that could set up a Slingbox feed for you?
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

There seem to be many peer-to-peer televison programs out there. Most of them seem to originate from China, India or Brazil.

I assume its like any Slingbox type of technology with individuals streaming from there televisions to anybody who can attach to it.

The ones I've downloaded are TVUPlayer and TVAnts. Stations from all over the planet and there are many sports stations. Most show football and the Norteamericano kind. I can pick up EPSN Asia, China, Taiwan and can get ESPN Mobile.

ESPN2 seems pretty hard to come by. Anyway most international ESPNs are showing Indiana-Michigan.

Comment

The P2Ps are a little different I think, and I wonder if the legality is legit or not. With Slingbox, you have to have the cable/satellite feed coming to a house already, and can only "sling" it to one computer at a time elsewhere - that is how they steer clear of legal issues as I understand it. That way you are doing what is called placeshifting. Of course Slingbox is an actual hardware device on the originating end that you presumably have some measure of control over and investment in, and not just some Joe Schmoe somewhere on the planet sending his signal out for anyone and everyone.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

here is a video from tomshardware talking about getting tv on your pc.

Comment

Working...
            X