No announcement yet.

General News in the 316

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagle - Tallgrass Film Festival announces the second wave of films for the 22nd annual event

The Tallgrass Film Festival recently announced the second part of its lineup for the 22nd festival, taking place in downtown Wichita Oct. 24-27 in several venues, including the Orpheum Theatre, Century II and the Advanced Learning Library.

The festival will feature more than 129 films culled from more than 1,700 submissions worldwide, including a record number of films from 72 countries.

Here are some highlights of the second announcement (the complete schedule can be found at www.tallgrassfilm.org; times and dates are subject to change):
    A number of films mentioned in the article, but a few that stand out to me:

"Luther: Never Too Much" is a film over the life of Luther Vandross

"Hope in the Heartland" is an exploration of homelessness in Wichita and the effects on the community.

"Missing from Fire Trail Road" explores the 2020 disappearance of a Native American woman and exposes how hundreds of indigenous women have gone missing in the US and the effects of all of these unsolved murders and disappearances on reservations.

"Young Frankenstein" is exactly what you think it is. A special screening of the Mel Brooks classic.

More can be found at Tallgrass Film

Looks like they'll have a couple of events honoring the late Hattie McDaniel.

"American Underdog" appears to be a film about an Indian-American immigrant and MMA fighter straight out of jail that stops a crime and finds himself as a local hero. Internal conflict. Starring Danny Trejo who is ****ing awesome! I'll watch anything with Trejo in it.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
    X