X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Keeper - 1
    Century II - 2
    This is helping me with a project I am working on. What about Kansas instead of Wichita?
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

This is helping me with a project I am working on. What about Kansas instead of Wichita?
      Hard to beat the Kansas Sampler Foundation for information on Kansas places.

Of the 24 places listed on this web page I have visited 18.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

Hard to beat the Kansas Sampler Foundation for information on Kansas places.

Of the 24 places listed on this web page I have visited 18.
        Pretty cool. What are the top three "icons" or "images" that come to mind when you think of Kansas?

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Pretty cool. What are the top three "icons" or "images" that come to mind when you think of Kansas?
            Be sure to check out the 8 Wonders by category in the Navigation panel on the right side of the page:
            Kansas Architecture, Kansas Art, Kansas Commerce, Kansas Cuisine, Kansas Customs, Kansas Geography, Kansas History and Kansas People

Comment

• When I think of Kansas I don't really think of anything in particular. It's all about the wide open spaces and skies and sunrises and sunsets. The clear and peaceful night skies where you can see a billion stars. And while I've never actually see one, my mind pictures an image of fields of nothing but sunflowers.

Outside of that I love driving/riding through the Flint Hills. I'm not sure Kansas has anything man made that stands out as 'oh, that's Kansas'.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Be sure to check out the 8 Wonders by category in the Navigation panel on the right side of the page:
                Kansas Architecture, Kansas Art, Kansas Commerce, Kansas Cuisine, Kansas Customs, Kansas Geography, Kansas History and Kansas People
                Ah, I did miss those.

The first "icon" that popped in my brain was "wheat", but my wife said "sunflower". Then WstateU posts a picture of a Sunflower field. And SubGod22 mentioned sunflowers.

Cowboy boots and hats also come to mind. Also tractors and ball caps.

Comment

• image.png

image.png

image.png

Comment

When you're as old as dirt...

Chain of Kansas elevators - 1915 era

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• More thoughts from a former Kansas 'jingle'...

From the Pony Express to the Chisholm Trail, we're a land of mystery..."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Huge music news

KAKE - Justin Timberlake announces 2024 tour stop in Wichita

ustin Timberlake has announced he's bringing his "The Forget Tomorrow World Tour" to Wichita this December.

The singer, musician and actor will perform at INTRUST Bank Arena on December 8. Tickets are on sale beginning at 10 a.m. Thursday, May 23 at intrustbankarena/justintimberlake.

Tickets can also be purchased at selectaseat.com, by phone at (855) 755-SEAT (7328) or in person at the Select-A-Seat Box Office at INTRUST Bank Arena.
                        I couldn't tell you anything he sings or which of the boy bands he originated from, I'm guessing N'Sync, but I know he's a big deal. When IBA dropped the hint on FB yesterday my news feed was blowing up from just about every girl I know that I went to school with. I think the clue had something to do with lyrics to some song I don't know. It didn't look familiar to me at all, but they were all over it.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• KAKE - Jenny Wood returns to Wichita for charity concert

A local musician who’s overcome the odds returns to her roots and Wichita for a charity concert in Naftzger Park.

“I love Wichita so it’s great to be back here even if it’s just for two days,” said Jenny Wood, musician.

Five years ago Jenny Wood was in a tragic car accident involving a high-speed chase in downtown Wichita. She lost her mother and niece and after being ejected from the vehicle she was told she only had a 5% chance of survival.

Wichita banded together and fundraised for her medical bills back then and now she’s helping her community out in return.

Saturday was her first return back to Wichita in three years.

“She wanted to perform and she also wanted to give back to the community that gave so much to her during her time of need,” said Monica Salmeron, band manager.​
                          Apparently there's a filmmaker from LA that's following her around to do a feature film on her life and what she's overcome.

There's a two minute news clip in the link.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            Huge music news

KAKE - Justin Timberlake announces 2024 tour stop in Wichita

I couldn't tell you anything he sings or which of the boy bands he originated from, I'm guessing N'Sync, but I know he's a big deal. When IBA dropped the hint on FB yesterday my news feed was blowing up from just about every girl I know that I went to school with. I think the clue had something to do with lyrics to some song I don't know. It didn't look familiar to me at all, but they were all over it.
                            Yeah. Two tickets to the show and you can probably invite just about anyone out on a date to see that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by JVShocker View Post

Yeah. Two tickets to the show and you can probably invite just about anyone out on a date to see that one.
                              That may be my best play for a date these days...
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X