Anyone see the Daytona 500?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone see the Daytona 500?

Juan Pablo Montoya during a caution was trying to catch up to the lead pack broke something in the car and hit a Jet Drier that was drying the outside of the track. The jet dryer spilt out jet fuel and started burning on the asphalt.

My Chemical Engineer father kept yelling at the firefighters to put foam on it, and they finally did.

here's the direct link if that GIF doesn't show.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

I've seen some odd things in Nascar.....that's really near the top.

Nascar has to be really unhappy Danica wrecked in lap 2.

Comment

Only in Nascar would they use gynormous boxes of well marked TIDE to clean up the oil and gas spill. #we'llpimpanything

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Only in Nascar would they use gynormous boxes of well marked TIDE to clean up the oil and gas spill. #we'llpimpanything
        lol
        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          Haha yea, my dad was like "use dawn soap" it takes the oil right out of my hands everytime.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I have been a fan of fast cars and car racing all of my life, went to lake Afton for years in the 60's and 70's, Jack Hinkle, Bobby Alyard, Frank Carney and many others raced out there. I have never figure out the draw for NASCAR though. It is so boring, turn left all day and the one that does not get caught up in traffic and bumped out of the race wins.

Why don't they race in the rain? Formula one puts on wet weather tires and competes and those cars have a lot more horsepower than NASCAR.

I guess I am to old to understand.
            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
              I have been a fan of fast cars and car racing all of my life, went to lake Afton for years in the 60's and 70's, Jack Hinkle, Bobby Alyard, Frank Carney and many others raced out there. I have never figure out the draw for NASCAR though. It is so boring, turn left all day and the one that does not get caught up in traffic and bumped out of the race wins.

Why don't they race in the rain? Formula one puts on wet weather tires and competes and those cars have a lot more horsepower than NASCAR.

I guess I am to old to understand.
              I know I am veering way off topic here, but did they used to race go-karts out at Afton? Do they still? If so what age do kids get involved?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Yes they did/do race carts at Lake Afton, I do not know the schedule.

They are big time fast carts really not kid stuff as far as I know.

Edit, here is a link http://www.kart.org/index.htm

This is the guy that built Hallett in Oklahoma, very interesting guy. http://www.vintageracecar.com/pages/...=53&magiid=199
                Last edited by JJClamdip; February 28, 2012, 10:09 AM. Reason: Insert link
                An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

thx for help

dude you very help me :)

Comment

This is the guy that built Hallett in Oklahoma, very interesting guy. http://www.vintageracecar.com/pages/...=53&magiid=199
                    Oh nice! Thanks for the links I will check them out when I get home.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I've still got my kart I raced back in the 60's. Haven't had it out in years. I raced at Garnet after they had the riots there.
                      If it feels good - do it!

Comment

Restrictor plate races suck

Comment

Originally posted by BenWSU View Post
                          NASCAR races suck
                          Fixed

Comment

So long as they end up having those huge blocks of cars resulting in "pack" racing, they will have tons of crashes. Personally, I'd rather see the cars spread out some more and see what real driving skills the drivers have.
                            Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Check out the documentary Racing Dreams (I caught it on Netflix this past weekend). It follows three kids, roughly age 13, on the Kart racing circuit. Their carts will reach speeds of 70-80mph on the larger ovals.

It's an expensive hobby if you want to compete at the highest level - about $5k per race.

Comment

Working...
                              X