The old Wichita Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

That's William and Water. The Forum was located in the 200 block of S Water.
    So just slightly north of the extreme east edge of Century II.
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

It'd be interesting to see the Forum overlaid on a modern map to show scale and location.
      Last edited by Kung Wu; October 13, 2021, 04:14 PM.

Comment

This is interesting because you can see the courthouse, so it gives perspective:

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

If it was, we could have the "Save the Forum" debate instead of "Save Century II".
          Hey Old Man, lemme know when I can buy you breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            It'd be interesting to see the Forum overlaid on a modern map to show scale and location.
            OMG, I created a monster.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              I recall attending a Wichita Vickers game in the forum when I was very young. But my memory of that is very sketchy. Those kind of things were a rare treat as the family budget just did not allow for much entertainment you had to pay for. I'm thinking maybe one of my uncles may have taken me to that game.
              Thanks, 72'..if you think of anyone else you might know of, could you PM me please?

Comment

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Is that the same poster hanging in TJ's Burger House? (Great burgers by the way)

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                    Is that the same poster hanging in TJ's Burger House? (Great burgers by the way)
                    TJ's really does have great burgers. I think it has to do with the old, very well seasoned griddle. The onion rings are very good also. And you won't leave hungry.

TJ's tried to open a place out East behind Felipe's at Harry and Webb. Just wasn't the same and didn't last long. Hard to beat those old, seasoned griddles.

Comment

Working...
                    X