Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wichita Water Main Break

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wichita Water Main Break

    This seems bad. It sounds like there was maybe an electric spike that caused the flow to slow then when it came back, the sudden pressure change caused a BIG main break affecting large areas of the city including WSU (there's zero water there according to my inquiry) as well as areas north to Park City, at least.

    There's a hell of a mess around 135 and 17th.

    The City has issued a boil water alert city wide.

    No idea how long this is going to last.


    A reporter just asked if the boil order applied to restaurants as well.

    He said, yes, it is city wide....SMH.

  • #2
    Thanks for posting this WuDrWu

    Most of the people have called had not heard about his yet.

    Comment


    • #3
      Evergee will promise to reimburse all parties that are victims of their mistake.

      Comment


      • #4
        Water hammer.

        You'd think the pumps would have some sort of a soft-on fail safe when they lose power, but not like I know anything about the subject.
        There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
        - Ernest Hemingway

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
          Water hammer.

          You'd think the pumps would have some sort of a soft-on fail safe when they lose power, but not like I know anything about the subject.
          Maybe done purposely to justify the $1 billion water treatment center project?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.
          ________________
          "Enjoy the ride."

          - a smart man

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

            Maybe done purposely to justify the $1 billion water treatment center project?
            I'm sure the engineers that designed the thing fifty years ago thought about that so they could justify a new facility.

            Comment


            • #7
              What with the boil water advisory in ICT, things are in a mess. There ain’t a bottle of water to be found within 70 miles of downtown. I am here to help. You can do your dishes, brush your teeth, or wash your privates with Gatorade. My personal favorite is Splashberry Surprise.

              Comment


              • #8
                BRAWNDO The Thirst Mutilator!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Not sure who is to blame right now, but healthy drinking water is at the top of my wish or expectations list for local government.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    What with the boil water advisory in ICT, things are in a mess. There ain’t a bottle of water to be found within 70 miles of downtown. I am here to help. You can do your dishes, brush your teeth, or wash your privates with Gatorade. My personal favorite is Splashberry Surprise.
                    Anyone else been having the 'green apple quick steps'?



                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      What with the boil water advisory in ICT, things are in a mess. There ain’t a bottle of water to be found within 70 miles of downtown.
                      Have you watched or read much in the way of Wichita-specific news in say the last 36 hours.
                      There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.
                      - Ernest Hemingway

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I know my town could have escaped the multi-day boil impact if Wichita hadn't been so slow to notify. I believe I heard there was a three hour window between the incident and notification which delayed my towns ability to switch over to the local rural water which comes from El Dorado.

                        City government not thrilled
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Downsizing Government - Part of the Cato Institute
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        Cato Institute - A libertarian take on the issues
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        MVCFans Alternative, Where ALL Voices Can Be Heard - Come join the party

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

                          Have you watched or read much in the way of Wichita-specific news in say the last 36 hours.
                          Seriously....were many of these posts from yesterday? The restrictions came down Saturday morning.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X