Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I agree with this.

It's the responsibility of the communities, City Council, City Manager, Police Chief, Assistant Police Chiefs, Community Managers, etc. to reduce crime. I don't feel unsafe in my part of town, but there are people in certain parts of town who probably do, and these stakeholder need to be listened to about what and when crimes are occurring. I'm not surprised when a gang murder happens at midnight at a bar in a seedy part of town, so I don't go there. But if any serious crimes are happening in broad daylight, the stakeholders I mentioned should demand that some type of action occurs. Moving police around (a police presence strategy) to meet the needs of each community needs to be done, and the Chief can do that.

I think that criminals have been emboldened by what they see happening throughout America and what people are getting away with. I think our Chief is still viewed as a proactive Chief by the city and it's citizens, because he has reacted quickly in certain cases. However, gangs are emboldened everywhere, and several gun incidents involving high school kids have happened recently. From what I have gathered, they have all been gang related, and cases that wouldn't have happened years ago, are occurring. I don't necessarily trust some of these statistics that are floated around. I have heard of increased cases in Oklahoma City, Omaha, Kansas City, and other places in the past year and a half. This is the responsibility of everyone, families, children, and city stakeholders to make strategies to limit violence. Allowing drugs isn't the answer to stop violence, imo. Violence is caused by a change of values, not because we aren't lenient enough.
    Based on your response, I’m not sure my message was clear.

When I say it’s the responsibility of the community, I mean those that are not politicians. When your neighbor is need, it’s your responsibility to help your neighbor, not the responsibility of the city council, mayor, or police chief.

Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

When I say it’s the responsibility of the community, I mean those that are not politicians. When your neighbor is need, it’s your responsibility to help your neighbor, not the responsibility of the city council, mayor, or police chief.
      Might be time to call the Snake...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I don’t technically disagree with your thoughts that all citizens are responsible for law and order in a community, but I don’t know any gang members, police officers, or citizens who feel unsafe. However, I do vote, and try to hold others accountable but that may not be enough. Maybe I need to move into an unsafe neighborhood so I feel unsafe and patrol at night with a gun, organize, and call police. I do donate money to agencies that help the homeless, and time to kids who have less.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

I don’t technically disagree with your thoughts that all citizens are responsible for law and order in a community, but I don’t know any gang members, police officers, or citizens who feel unsafe. However, I do vote, and try to hold others accountable but that may not be enough. Maybe I need to move into an unsafe neighborhood so I feel unsafe and patrol at night with a gun, organize, and call police. I do donate money to agencies that help the homeless, and time to kids who have less.
          No need to go looking for an unsafe environment. Freedom of association and all.
          Livin the dream

Comment

No need to go looking for an unsafe environment. Freedom of association and all.
            Well, I will continue to vote as one of 350K citizens and hold the ones who make governmental decisions on my city-wide neighbors, while I watch and help my immediate neighbors.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Might be time to call the Snake...

I thought he was dead

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post

I thought he was dead
                This has been referenced twice now, and I’ve seen the movie, but I’m not recognizing the significance.
                Livin the dream

Comment

This has been referenced twice now, and I’ve seen the movie, but I’m not recognizing the significance.
                  In the movies, it was stated multiple times by characters that either ran into him or heard he was there. The Mandela Effect before there was a Mandela Effect within the Escape From world.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Can’t blame him for leaving. Tough being the chief.

I don’t think he recovered from the disappointment of not being chosen for the Austin job.

Comment

Working...
                    X