Gabby Petito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    Assuming the boyfriend has his phone with him and has his location services turned on, how hard would it be for the authorities to get a court order to track all the places he's been?
    You can assume that he considered that when he disappeared.
    Livin the dream

Comment

I’m going to assume that he’s not dumb, and therefore didn’t take his phone. Maybe he has a burner now and cash and is attempting to be untraceable.

Comment

I am guessing he is gator bait. Tragic story that is so sad for her family. I can't even imagine how they must feel. As a parent, this is absolutely a worst nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
          I am guessing he is gator bait. Tragic story that is so sad for her family. I can't even imagine how they must feel. As a parent, this is absolutely a worst nightmare.
          I bet he shows up captured before the end of the month.
          Livin the dream

Comment

BTW, if you’re ever in the Tetons with a significant other that is no longer significant, it’s best to go on a mountain hike and run back for help when the significant falls.
            Livin the dream

Comment

This is a weird story. Fight got out of hand and the guy panicked? Turned his 10 year bid into a life sentence. Random third person after the guy left her? He had threatened to abandon her before. Girl this cute had to have a screw loose because there is no other reason for her not to have the world on a string.

Whatever the cause she's gone and he's likely gone. Damn shame.
              Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post

I bet he shows up captured before the end of the month.
                Nah. Mental case. Dollars to donuts he gone...

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

When they were showing helicopter footage of the remains site, it appeared to be in some sort of shallow grave. Just saying, a dead body can’t bury itself.
                  Sorry if too soon, but with the shallow grave reference and the recent death of Norm MacDonald, the two kind of go together.
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Idiot Joy Reid calls coverage of Gabby Pettito a case of "missing white woman syndrome". This is a ridiculously racist thing to say but I am sure that no one will say anything.

MSNBC Joy Reid says national coverage of Gabby Petito's case is a symptom of "Missing White Woman Syndrome" and missing minority women don't receive the same coverage.

Comment

Facebook user might have captured Laundrie on trail camera:

I’m not saying this is the guy but whoever was on my trail camera this morning in Baker, Fl strongly fits the description of Brian Laundrie, authorities have been contacted but people in the North...

Capture.JPG

Comment

Facebook user might have captured Laundrie on trail camera:

I’m not saying this is the guy but whoever was on my trail camera this morning in Baker, Fl strongly fits the description of Brian Laundrie, authorities have been contacted but people in the North...

Capture.JPG
                        Has the right hair line.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Then do something about it Joy. You have your own media show, you're supposedly a journalist (term used LOOSELY) so when's the last one you covered?

Worthless race baiting elitist clown.

Comment

Idiot Joy Reid calls coverage of Gabby Pettito a case of "missing white woman syndrome". This is a ridiculously racist thing to say but I am sure that no one will say anything.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/msnbc-...woman-syndrome
                            She's wrong, but not completely wrong. If Gabby was a 250lb shebeast of a woman that went missing it wouldn't have generated this type of coverage.

Missing attractive people are more likely to generate interest. Missing attractive white woman even more so.

But it's not necessarily a racist thing as it is a ratings thing. People tend to feel more empathy towards young attractive people. If she looked like a young Gabrielle Union and went missing like this I have little doubt that there would still be a ton of publicity about it.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

She's wrong, but not completely wrong. If Gabby was a 250lb shebeast of a woman that went missing it wouldn't have generated this type of coverage.

Missing attractive people are more likely to generate interest. Missing attractive white woman even more so.

But it's not necessarily a racist thing as it is a ratings thing. People tend to feel more empathy towards young attractive people. If she looked like a young Gabrielle Union and went missing like this I have little doubt that there would still be a ton of publicity about it.
                              She is completely wrong. I think it has little to nothing to do with race. I wholeheartedly believe it has to do with a young female with a large social media presence. It wouldn't matter if she was white, black, purple, pink or blue. Social media has WAY more to do with the exposure the story is getting than race.

Like WuDoc said, if Joy has an issue why doesn't she devote her show or a new show to exposing all of the black women who go missing rather than race bait and complain all the time. Playing the victim is one of my biggest pet peaves. It's a lazy way out.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Interesting people garner attention regardless of race or even their shebeast rating. Plenty of people of all races and all sizes and shapes go missing without much more than a mention on the local news. But compelling backstories sell. The unsolved murder of a child beauty contestant sells. So does the murder of the pregnant wife of a philandering police officer. Mass murders sell as well. A young internet "influencer" also fits the bill for a story that will get a bunch of coverage. It really is about the backstory.

The fact of the matter is this, there are plenty of missing persons turned murder stories covered on Forensic Files. Many, many of them are people of color. The difference is, that show highlighted the use of forensics, and if the application and use of forensics was compelling, regardless of race, the story ran. There are hundreds of people that go missing every year, maybe thousands. One or two a year, if that, get national coverage.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X