Gabby Petito

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gabby Petito

What a sad, sad ordeal this has been. Looked like a carefree, gentile soul.

And of course the “person of interest, not a suspect” bf is nowhere to be found. I hope he drowned in a swamp somewhere.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

And of course the “person of interest, not a suspect” bf is nowhere to be found. I hope he drowned in a swamp somewhere.
    Never heard of this until you posted so I searched. Sad, sad situation.

A link for anyone else that hadn't heard of this: https://www.foxnews.com/media/gabby-...ace-fox-nation
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

He guilty!
      Livin the dream

Comment

Clearly, I need a life. I watched the entirety of their police encounter about a month ago in Wyoming. I have no idea what happened to her but he knows something obviously.

I'll say this:

Most people probably wouldn't know (certainly wouldn't get the wall to wall coverage it has and will continue to get) about this if it weren't for useless social media obsession. That is, a small piece of social media is good, her stuff is useless. You don't see the "bad". People see Gabby and Brian enjoying sunsets, great food, different locales, swimming in the ocean etc. They don't show the tiny filthy van, the stench of unwashed adults, the fighting, the arguing, the crying etc etc. Young people aren't capable of understanding there is another side, and social media backs that up. It also shines a light on the problem of value being placed on "likes" and how so many people, especially girls, calculate their worth based on those "likes". TikTok (more later) Instagram and to a lesser extent, Twitter and Facebook are a SCOURGE on our young people.

Watching the police video, Gabby has serious issues. I'm sure most, if not all, stemming from a combination of poor parenting (how many of you would allow your teen-early 20s son living at home with no job to have his non-married girl friend from New York just move in?) (yes, those are HIS parents, and we don't know a lot about hers, but financially how was she getting by and where is the support? Maybe she was getting paid by TT I don't know, but again the details of the how don't make the news...."her" van? How? Maybe saving her welfare checks? Parents keep her in $, again I don't know), lack of discipline and social media. She described herself as "OCD", an all too common "whatever, get out of here, I'll call it OCD and here's some pills" diagnosis for people that think it's chemical and not habitual. Also, and I'm NOT saying Brian is innocent of everything....he doesn't strike me as a murdering type. SHE had the issues, she hit him (in the incident from the police video). Anyway, I'm just saying it might not be so terribly clear cut.

It's an awful story, and anytime a young person dies, it's awful. BUT there are lessons to be learned here too.

I saw a story on Fox where a reporter about cried over the "tragedy" of Brian not supporting her blog idea (came up during the police stop). Ok, whatever you dolt. It's likely it WAS a bad idea. Another example of too many people thinking everything is sunshine and rainbows.

I also caught a story about "devious lick" on TikTok. Anybody here about that? It's a milk crate type of dare, to steal things from schools. Apparently it's a thing, or was. TikTok says searches for it now get sent to their rules section instead (like hashtaging searches I'm guessing on Twitter....I don't have TikTok clearly). So kids steal things. CNN made it sound like kids don't know stealing is bad. The story was unbelievable to listen to, especially since exactly NO ONE that actually took part is likely to watch CNN (or any news outlet). They brought on extra reporters to "mansplain" that this could be considered theft and they might not be able to get into the college they want to or be suspended or even face criminal charges. REALLY? If you steal something you might get into trouble? It's not just a game? Who the **** knew?

WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS WORLD?
        Last edited by WuDrWu; September 20, 2021, 08:59 AM.

Comment

A body, presumably hers but not positively identified yet, was found near Grand Teton National Park. The search for him is focusing on some swamy areas. I'm guessing they're looking for a recovery instead of an arrest.

Comment

I knew nothing of this until a day or two ago. But from what I've heard, it sounds like they both suffered from some sort of mental illness and were both off their medications. Last I heard, their diagnosis, or alleged diagnosis, was redacted from reports. I didn't follow these two obviously, but have heard that over their journey you can see a lot of weight loss and other changes in behavior that could have been associated with being off their meds, and possibly self medicating in other ways.

I'm not sure I see this guy as a stone cold killer, but I also don't know what state they were in mentally and physically. Have they released anything saying she was definitely murdered? I honestly don't know how long she'd been missing. Could she have walked away from him and died of other causes while getting lost in the park? He obviously hasn't helped himself with his behavior and that makes him look extra guilty to those following along. Which I get. Why wouldn't you be concerned for your fiancé and want to help find her, or at least have a reasonable explanation for why all of a sudden you've returned home and she's missing?

I have little doubt that this will be figured out, at least mostly, by those that do this for a living. As to him, he could very well be dead or in hiding right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out he's killed himself at some point, and that doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty of murder. It's all one big mess and I'm sure some of you are more familiar with the case than I've become over the past few days, but I'm sure there's a lot of missing information amongst the masses who make up their minds about innocence and guilt based off of very little information. I don't generally trust the media to give me everything I need to make informed decisions about anything, and this is one of them.

Regardless if it was murder, an accident, medical related issues or something else, it's tragic. Loss of life usually is.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Clearly, I need a life. I watched the entirety of their police encounter about a month ago in Wyoming. I have no idea what happened to her but he knows something obviously.

Watching the police video, Gabby has serious issues. I'm sure most, if not all, stemming from a combination of poor parenting (how many of you would allow your teen-early 20s son living at home with no job to have his non-married girl friend from New York just move in?), lack of discipline and social media. She described herself as "OCD", an all too common "whatever, get out of here, I'll call it OCD and here's some pills" diagnosis for people that think it's chemical and not habitual. Also, and I'm NOT saying Brian is innocent of everything....he doesn't strike me as a murdering type. SHE had the issues, she hit him (in the incident from the police video). Anyway, I'm just saying it might not be so terribly clear cut.

It's an awful story, and anytime a young person dies, it's awful. BUT there are lessons to be learned here too.

(how many of you would allow your teen-early 20s son living at home with no job to have his non-married girl friend from New York just move in?), lack of discipline and social media.

This happens more than you know. It's been happening for years, down to middle school aged adolescents whose parents teach their children NO BOUNDARIES. I guarantee it's happening in towns like McPherson, Newton, and other communities besides in Wichita. Some Parents who you would otherwise consider educated and smart people, and if the children aren't living together under their roof, the parents allow sleep overs, and other crazy things. Kids brains aren't fully developed, and need structure, and help navigating life's difficulties, and instead, some parents participate in permissiveness, and harm their kids (sex, liquor, and drugs). Now, I'm not talking about kids doing "stupid" things on their own. I'm talking about parents who don't require within their capabilities that their kids remain kids while living under their roof, and in their parent's care. Families of "rats" have more rules than some of our families. Sorry, and I'll get off my rant.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                I knew nothing of this until a day or two ago. But from what I've heard, it sounds like they both suffered from some sort of mental illness and were both off their medications. Last I heard, their diagnosis, or alleged diagnosis, was redacted from reports. I didn't follow these two obviously, but have heard that over their journey you can see a lot of weight loss and other changes in behavior that could have been associated with being off their meds, and possibly self medicating in other ways.

I'm not sure I see this guy as a stone cold killer, but I also don't know what state they were in mentally and physically. Have they released anything saying she was definitely murdered? I honestly don't know how long she'd been missing. Could she have walked away from him and died of other causes while getting lost in the park? He obviously hasn't helped himself with his behavior and that makes him look extra guilty to those following along. Which I get. Why wouldn't you be concerned for your fiancé and want to help find her, or at least have a reasonable explanation for why all of a sudden you've returned home and she's missing?

I have little doubt that this will be figured out, at least mostly, by those that do this for a living. As to him, he could very well be dead or in hiding right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we find out he's killed himself at some point, and that doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty of murder. It's all one big mess and I'm sure some of you are more familiar with the case than I've become over the past few days, but I'm sure there's a lot of missing information amongst the masses who make up their minds about innocence and guilt based off of very little information. I don't generally trust the media to give me everything I need to make informed decisions about anything, and this is one of them.

Regardless if it was murder, an accident, medical related issues or something else, it's tragic. Loss of life usually is.
                I hadn't heard that he might have issues as well, thanks for that. Great points made!

She was last heard from on August 25. There was a text to her mom on the 30th, but her mom doesn't believe it was actually from Gabby. Brian showed up in Florida on September 1 I believe. Nobody there said anything (about Gabby NOT being with him) until the 10th I believe, won't swear to that timeline.

Boy, if he's mentally disturbed as well (no doubt she is to some extent) then we're starting to see a clearer picture. Kids being medicated to modify behavior, perhaps overmedicated, not nearly enough discipline or parental support, very little responsibility, decide to cut loose on a cross country trip.....recipe for disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post

(how many of you would allow your teen-early 20s son living at home with no job to have his non-married girl friend from New York just move in?), lack of discipline and social media.

This happens more than you know. It's been happening for years, down to middle school aged adolescents whose parents teach their children NO BOUNDARIES. I guarantee it's happening in towns like McPherson, Newton, and other communities besides in Wichita. Some Parents who you would otherwise consider educated and smart people, and if the children aren't living together under their roof, the parents allow sleep overs, and other crazy things. Kids brains aren't fully developed, and need structure, and help navigating life's difficulties, and instead, some parents participate in permissiveness, and harm their kids (sex, liquor, and drugs). Now, I'm not talking about kids doing "stupid" things on their own. I'm talking about parents who don't require within their capabilities that their kids remain kids while living under their roof, and in their parent's care. Families of "rats" have more rules than some of our families. Sorry, and I'll get off my rant.
                  I'm sure you're right, and I don't want to know how often, which kind of goes to my point. We have kids having kids, then those parents wants friends instead of children. And if not, turn them over to the State to raise. We need classes on parenting, not critical race theory, and we need people to teach these classes that don't currently teach.

Comment

All I’m saying is between Aug 25 and Sept 1, Gabby was no longer in the picture with Brian…and he didn’t tell anyone for 10+ days.

The police ask to speak with him on the 13th and they are told to speak with an attorney.

On the 17th, the police try again, and are told by the parents that he left on the 14th and hasn’t been seen.

He guilty!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

Better conclusion: fell into a swamp and was eaten by alligators.

Comment

I think there was an 'incident'. She ended up dead, either by his hand, or at least it would have appeared so, even if he didn't kill her. So he tries to hide the body, drives home tells no one, thinking it might just be forgotten at best, at worst she is 'lost' and never found. If he says nothing and the body is never found, then it would be really hard for them to charge him with anything. So he stays quiet. It's his best shot. Then that couple sees that they had his van on video and it all unravels. Her body is gonna be found, he takes off into the wilderness again as he is toast. Now he's probably gone too.

Tough to say. Mentally disturbed kids together usually ends badly.

Also 'unrelated'. But my wife was reading about this and mentioned a double murder taking place in the area these 2 were in around the time of the police body cam interaction. Just throwing that out there in case this couldn't possibly get any weirder.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

I'll say this:

Most people probably wouldn't know (certainly wouldn't get the wall to wall coverage it has and will continue to get) about this if it weren't for useless social media obsession. That is, a small piece of social media is good, her stuff is useless. You don't see the "bad". People see Gabby and Brian enjoying sunsets, great food, different locales, swimming in the ocean etc. They don't show the tiny filthy van, the stench of unwashed adults, the fighting, the arguing, the crying etc etc. Young people aren't capable of understanding there is another side, and social media backs that up. It also shines a light on the problem of value being placed on "likes" and how so many people, especially girls, calculate their worth based on those "likes". TikTok (more later) Instagram and to a lesser extent, Twitter and Facebook are a SCOURGE on our young people.

Watching the police video, Gabby has serious issues. I'm sure most, if not all, stemming from a combination of poor parenting (how many of you would allow your teen-early 20s son living at home with no job to have his non-married girl friend from New York just move in?) (yes, those are HIS parents, and we don't know a lot about hers, but financially how was she getting by and where is the support? Maybe she was getting paid by TT I don't know, but again the details of the how don't make the news...."her" van? How? Maybe saving her welfare checks? Parents keep her in $, again I don't know), lack of discipline and social media. She described herself as "OCD", an all too common "whatever, get out of here, I'll call it OCD and here's some pills" diagnosis for people that think it's chemical and not habitual. Also, and I'm NOT saying Brian is innocent of everything....he doesn't strike me as a murdering type. SHE had the issues, she hit him (in the incident from the police video). Anyway, I'm just saying it might not be so terribly clear cut.

I saw a story on Fox where a reporter about cried over the "tragedy" of Brian not supporting her blog idea (came up during the police stop). Ok, whatever you dolt. It's likely it WAS a bad idea. Another example of too many people thinking everything is sunshine and rainbows.

I also caught a story about "devious lick" on TikTok. Anybody here about that? It's a milk crate type of dare, to steal things from schools. Apparently it's a thing, or was. TikTok says searches for it now get sent to their rules section instead (like hashtaging searches I'm guessing on Twitter....I don't have TikTok clearly). So kids steal things. CNN made it sound like kids don't know stealing is bad. The story was unbelievable to listen to, especially since exactly NO ONE that actually took part is likely to watch CNN (or any news outlet). They brought on extra reporters to "mansplain" that this could be considered theft and they might not be able to get into the college they want to or be suspended or even face criminal charges. REALLY? If you steal something you might get into trouble? It's not just a game? Who the **** knew?

When they were showing helicopter footage of the remains site, it appeared to be in some sort of shallow grave. Just saying, a dead body can’t bury itself.

Also, I don’t think you can judge his character based on some police bodycam footage. Like you said, you don’t know what goes on behind the scenes. Him in front of police probably doesn’t cast many people in their normal night.

And maybe now that I have two daughters, cases like these just hit me harder now. I’m not saying either one of them were perfect or their upbringing involved gold stars, but she certainly didn’t deserve to have her life cut so short in likely the manner that it did.

I think his character rings pretty clear since this began to get played out. And now, like a real tough guy, he runs and hides and maybe offs himself. And his parents know exactly where he is. They should be arrested for disrupting and hindering an investigation.

Just so much nonsensical dumbassery.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

When they were showing helicopter footage of the remains site, it appeared to be in some sort of shallow grave. Just saying, a dead body can’t bury itself.

Thanks, I hadn't seen that nugget.

Just so much nonsensical dumbassery.

Of that, there is zero doubt.

Comment

Assuming the boyfriend has his phone with him and has his location services turned on, how hard would it be for the authorities to get a court order to track all the places he's been?

Comment

Working...
                              X