NFL 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Chiefs better not pull a Wichita State ...
    Well…damn again.

Comment

• Wow. Did not see this coming after KC took the 21-3 lead. At that point looked like KC was a way to a blowout. But this is the NFL.

The SuperBowl will now have either two 4 seeds or a 4 and a 6 seed.

Comment

• The Ohio team beat the Missouri team.

Comment

• What a s**** weekend.
          Go Shocks!

Comment

• Shocks suck. Chiefs lose. I have nothing to live for.

Comment

• I’m not basing this on today, but someone convince me the NFL isn’t fixed.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                I’m not basing this on today, but someone convince me the NFL isn’t fixed.
                perhaps not rigidly fixed, but influenced, yes I think so

Comment

• Ok, so I will root for the Bengals in two weeks. Head coach Zac Taylor has a partial local tie when he led Butler College to a national championship in 2004. Go Bengals!

Comment

I generally think almost all sports are "fixed"...but what angle are we talking about today? I was looking for the "fix" but somehow someway nothing stood out. Enlighten me good sir.
                    FINAL FOURS:
                    1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                    1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                    Number of Times Ranked: 157
                    Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                    Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                    Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                    #3 - Dec. 2017
                    #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                    #2 ~ March 2014
                    Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
                      Ok, so I will root for the Bengals in two weeks. Head coach Zac Taylor has a partial local tie when he led Butler College to a national championship game appearance in 2004. Go Bengals!
                      FIFY. I was down in Coffeyville on that November afternoon when the Grizzlies lost to Pearl River CC. Pearl River had a guy who actually was drafted in the following NFL Draft.

78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post

I generally think almost all sports are "fixed"...but what angle are we talking about today? I was looking for the "fix" but somehow someway nothing stood out. Enlighten me good sir.
                        Ahh nevermind...I just re-read your post and now just realizing you said "NOT basing this on today" (only). Agree cumulative yes fixed but not necessarily from "today's" game(s).

On that note...lemme throw this out. We all noticed every week during the NFL regular season key players being out due to the china virus right?

Playoffs??? Who's sick??? What virus???

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

and

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$'s
                        FINAL FOURS:
                        1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                        1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                        Number of Times Ranked: 157
                        Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                        Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                        Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                        #3 - Dec. 2017
                        #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                        #2 ~ March 2014
                        Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

The NFL is very against betting because of this. The NFL is about one thing- making money. Ratings make money. Games like these make big ratings. the higher the ratings, the more they can charge for commercials.

It is influenced. It’s not pure competition. No sport is, except maybe track.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Tom Brady officially announces retirement after 'thrilling ride' with Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New England Patriots

Tom Brady has retired from the NFL, the future Hall of Fame quarterback officially announced Tuesday on Instagram.

Comment

• NFL may have a legal headache coming up due to a lawsuit by former Dolphins head coach Brian Flores - https://boston.cbslocal.com/2022/02/...daboll-hiring/ His lawsuit mentions the following 3 teams:

Dolphins - he says the owner offered him 100K for each game he lost in 2019 in order to get a better draft pick. He says the owner also tried to get him to meet with a "prominent" quarterback from another team which would have been tampering. A reporter has said the qb was actually Tom Brady who was still with the Patriots at the time. The Dolphins fired Flores after this season even though he had winning seasons and still had two years left on his contract.

Giants - Flores was going to interview with the Giants on Jan 26 about their head coach opening, but on the 24th he got a text from Bill Belichick congratulating him because he heard he was getting the Giants job. Turned out Belichick sent the texts to him by accident - he meant to send them to another former assistant, Brian Daboll, who had already interviewed with the Giants. Flores went ahead with the interview though and his lawsuit states the Giants only interviewed him because of the Rooney Rule that requires teams to interview minorities. The other Brian, Brian Daboll, was named the Giants new head coach on Monday.

Broncos - he's also including the Broncos because he interviewed with them in 2019 but he said they were just interviewing him to meet the Rooney Rule as well.

The article linked above has all the details and is an interesting read. The NFL says the lawsuit doesn't have any merit and plans to fight it.
                              Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• The Washington team will now be called the Washington Commanders - https://www.nfl.com/news/washington-...-new-team-name
                                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Working...
                                X