X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 College/HS Football Thread

Post discussions here!

Some interesting stories from this weekend:

Derby couldn’t find anyone that wants to play them so they had a bye.

Butler County gets blown out at home and Hutch CC loses

Clemson offense struggles badly

FCS teams prove to be worth opponents for FBS teams.

UCF’s former star QB almost rescued Florida State last night.

Comment

Watched a little of that game, FSU looked prominent again. Both teams would beat Oklahoma by 14+ points. Why did Milton transfer?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
        Watched a little of that game, FSU looked prominent again. Both teams would beat Oklahoma by 14+ points. Why did Milton transfer?
        He would have been the backup at UCF

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          He was hurt to the point no one thought he would ever play again and Frost had left. UCF has already started building with a new quarterback.

Comment

The 'Noles/Irish game was well worth the watch. I was less than entertained with all the bad football on Saturday. Last night's game renewed my enthusiasm.

FSU's D is legit but their qb had them stuck in the mud all night. When the backup came in they were a whole different team, and more than on ND's level. Clemson might have some serious competition this year: They definitely are a different team without Trevor Lawrence, obviously.

Comment

Some interesting games this weekend:

Oregon Fighting Masks vs Ohio State

Texass vs Arkansas

Cyclones vs Hawkeyes

Very good SIU team vs K State

High School:

BC vs Derby

Comment

Looking forward to see who carries the Cy-Hawk trophy this year.

That is absolutely the first time I have ever said that!

Ducks/Buckeyes could be a good game too.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                  Looking forward to see who carries the Cy-Hawk trophy this year.

That is absolutely the first time I have ever said that!

Ducks/Buckeyes could be a good game too.
                  I am a Breece Hall fan. Hope he has a great year.

Comment

Scratch that…BC and Derby don’t play this week.

Comment

KU gets a moral victory losing by 27 to Coastal Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        Pheee-ewww

Comment

Weird the Oregon-Ohio State game is in the 11 am slot.

Comment

Pretty Prairie 78 - St. John 24 (Game called at the end of the 1st half). Pretty Prairie scored 11 touchdowns and 6 two-point conversions in the 24 minute 1st half.

Okay, so it's 8-man football and no one cares. However, my grandson is the sosphomore quarterback for Pretty Prairie so I actually was at the game.

Not sure if St. John was at full strength or not. They had some good size but only had 13 players suited up. Maybe some kids out due to Covid or Covid protocol? Not sure. But what they did have was the worst tackling football team I think I have ever seen.

It is not uncommon for Pretty Prairie to be involved in a blowout score. But for them to be the blower outer and not the blowee inner is Pretty unusual.

The week before Pretty Prairie beat Central Christian (Hutchinson) 16-14 in a kind of game you rarely see in 8-man football. Pretty Prairie won when they stopped a Central Christian two-point conversion attempt with 30 seconds left in the game. That game was actually much more entertaining for me.
                            Last edited by 1972Shocker; September 11, 2021, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                              Well, it was on the road, so no doubt KU exceeded expectations so they are moving in the right direction.

No doubt that UCF, Houston and Cincy licking their chops for a chance to take down the prided of the Big XII.

Comment

Working...
                              X