No announcement yet.

Wind Surge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wind Surge must hate their name so much that they had to introduce an alternative name for 1/5th of their home games.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
      The Wind Surge must hate their name so much that they had to introduce an alternative name for 1/5th of their home games.
      I believe a number of teams do this.

But I'm still not a fan of Wind Surge myself.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

No, first I have heard of it. But now I gotta take my kid to go see it! :)
        Ya gotta come out from under that rock more often, man.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Ya gotta come out from under that rock more often, man.
          It's cozy down here ...

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm no Twins fan, but Wichita will be host to one of the top prospects in baseball.

KWCH - MLB's No. 2 prospect Walker Jenkins called up by Twins to Wichita

There may only be one week left of the 2024 season at Riverfront Stadium, but it will feature a star in the making.

Last year’s 5th overall pick Walker Jenkins is currently listed as the No. 2-ranked prospect in all of Major League Baseball and No. 1-ranked prospect for the Minnesota Twins.

“[I want to] go compete everyday and continue to get better” Jenkins said. “[I want to] help this team try to win, that’s really my goal.”

The top prospect is still just 19 years old after being drafted out of high school, but has already climbed the ranks to AA (Double-A) in Wichita in his first full season of professional baseball.

“You’re working towards that ultimate goal of being a big leaguer and going and competing at the top level,” he said. “So each [promotion] is like a checkmark and one step closer.”

With high expectations of top prospects can come high pressure. But in Jenkins young career, he hasn’t felt any. It’s shown as he has posted a batting average of over .300 and an OPS (On-Base-Plus-Slugging Percentage) of nearly .900 in his career.
                Hopefully he starts in AA next season so Wichita has more opportunity to see one of the top up and coming talents in baseball.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                X