Chad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad

Even if you've unplugged, you have to know this isn't about the 2000 election in Florida, and you had to catch at least a dozen of the 4 million commercials they've run for this impending train wreck.

I have a life long Persian friend, and he is neither impressed nor interested in seeing TBS' version of a young high school boy trying to assimilate in American society, portrayed by a 39 year old woman.

Also, I feel like they've shown me every scene from the 12 episodes they've probably ordered so far.

Perhaps I'm way off base. I realize I'm not their target audience. God help us if a target audience actually exists for this.

And why????

Silly question I suppose.

Comment

I'm sure I'm not part of the target audience as well but the commercials for this show for what ever reason creeped me out, Maybe made me uneasy is a better term.

Comment

I've not been impressed. Nothing about this show seems remotely interesting
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I watched part of the first episode. Chad reminds me of “Pat”
          on Saturday Night Live. Won’t watch again TV.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Hadn't heard of it until this thread.

Can't say it offends me greatly. My main impression is "why?". Like, I don't really understand the point. Is Chad supposed to be trans, or are we just supposed to appreciate the irony of a middle-aged female getting costumed up to play a high school boy?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              Even if you've unplugged, you have to know this isn't about the 2000 election in Florida, and you had to catch at least a dozen of the 4 million commercials they've run for this impending train wreck.

I have a life long Persian friend, and he is neither impressed nor interested in seeing TBS' version of a young high school boy trying to assimilate in American society, portrayed by a 39 year old woman.

Also, I feel like they've shown me every scene from the 12 episodes they've probably ordered so far.

Perhaps I'm way off base. I realize I'm not their target audience. God help us if a target audience actually exists for this.
              Need a ELI5 for this show.
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

It doesn't look amusing in the slightest. It also looks like a specific messaging campaign for a certain cause.

I think that's how to treat a lot of things coming out of Hollywood, network TV, and streaming services going forward.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  It doesn't look amusing in the slightest. It also looks like a specific messaging campaign for a certain cause.

I think that's how to treat a lot of things coming out of Hollywood, network TV, and streaming services going forward.
                  I had the same impression. My first thought was either the main character is trans or is going to become trans.

Comment

Got all the Conservatives on this board talking about it, so it appears their clever marketing plan worked!

I too saw a commercial on YouTube. I remember the star of the new show seemed kind of creepy/transvestity. Oh well, writers must be running out of ideas I guess. I won't be watching it, that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post
                      Got all the Conservatives on this board talking about it, so it appears their clever marketing plan worked!

I too saw a commercial on YouTube. I remember the star of the new show seemed kind of creepy/transvestity. Oh well, writers must be running out of ideas I guess. I won't be watching it, that's for sure.
                      Are you sure it's not right up your....umm......alley?

(I kid because I care).

Comment

Much like Trevor Noah, it doesn’t look humorous at all.

No hate. Just no laughs either.
                        The Assman

Comment

Working...
                        X