Tiger Woods Injured in Car Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiger Woods Injured in Car Accident

Tiger Woods was in a one-vehicle rollover car accident Tuesday morning near Los Angeles. According to news reports, he was going at a high rate of speed and had to be extracted from the vehicle using the jaws of life. In surgery and sounds like injuries to his legs.

Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Back on the pills again?
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

That fancy Kia he was driving folded like a tin can.
      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Actually a Genesis (Hyundai) and they’re considered pretty good in safety ratings.

Comment

No sign of impairment. Serious injuries to his legs and he's either been in and out of surgery or is still in.

Apparently not life threatening injuries, but I will hold optimism.

The man has given both hope and opportunity to children across this country that they likely would not have had if not for his efforts and support.

For that alone, he deserves prayers and support.

Get well soon Tiger.

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
            Actually a Genesis (Hyundai) and they’re considered pretty good in safety ratings.
            They are all the same company. Cheaply made, low resale, terrible reliability, other than that they are great cars.
            An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Back on the pills again?
              Last report I heard, the police said there was nothing "salacious" involving the accident.

Reminds me of a time I was headed back to Wichita from OKC and the guy right in front of me on I-135 either blew a tire out or swerved to miss something, or something -- I can't remember. He suddenly darted to the right off the highway, toppling one of those super tall highway lights like it was a toothpick, and then rolled his truck down an embankment a couple (few?) times. I was like "what the hell!??" and quickly pulled over. I was the first one to run down there to his truck, which was laying on it's side and was expecting the worst. But just as I was getting close to his truck, the door pops open (truck is on its side, so it opened like a tank door), and the guy just pops right out and sits on the side of his truck in disbelief. Lucky!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                Back on the pills again?
                Wait, Tiger or JJClamdip?

Comment

Just because the police said no signs of impairment doesn't mean he wasn't impaired. That comes from a quick scope of the vehicle and the suspect/victim. A major accident will snap a person into a relatively stable appearing cognitive state. Blood tests will prove the true state if the cops allow or care.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                    No sign of impairment. Serious injuries to his legs and he's either been in and out of surgery or is still in.

Apparently not life threatening injuries, but I will hold optimism.

The man has given both hope and opportunity to children across this country that they likely would not have had if not for his efforts and support.

For that alone, he deserves prayers and support.

Get well soon Tiger.
                    The timing is interesting, coming off his 60 minutes interview where he appeared to be a little “off”. If you haven’t seen it, watch it and you tell me what you think. And this wasn’t Tiger at home. This was him at a scheduled interview airing on a network tv show.

Given that and prior history, I would be shocked if something wasn’t in his system. While he’s done a lot of good for the game and charities, if it turns out he was impaired, he could’ve taken innocent lives in addition to his own. Not sure I would support that.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I hope he wasn't impaired!

Comment

I've been reading some of the news reports out there. Sounds like speed was a factor and a road with some curves and he was headed downhill. TMZ Sports said he was headed to tape a video of him giving lessons to Drew Brees. They said he was running late and was speeding. LA Times says he narrowly missed a telephone pole and that his injuries included "a shattered ankle and two leg fractures, one of which was compound". CNN's article states the vehicle crossed the center divider and rolled over multiple times before coming to rest in the brush and that "Law enforcement officials said there is no indication the 45-year-old made any attempt to slow his Genesis SUV prior to the incident." and "No skid marks, no braking," Villanueva said, adding that "the first contact was with the center median, from there then crossed into the opposing lane of traffic, hit the curb, hit a tree, and there were several rollovers during that process."

Fox News had an article that mentioned the specs of the car - "The 2021 Genesis GV80 carries a starting price of $48,900. The car contains a 300 horsepower engine, a 14.5-inch horizontal touchscreen on the center console and an 8-inch digital instrument panel. It has 10 airbags, a forward-collision warning system, evasive steering technology and an interior camera to alert drivers if they're falling asleep." The article also stated "Woods was in Los Angeles over the weekend as the tournament host of the Genesis Invitational at Riviera Country Club, where he presented the trophy on Sunday. Woods was loaned the Genesis GV80 by the car company for the duration of his stay in Los Angeles."

Comment

Crazy. Did all the airbags deploy and save his bacon?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                            Crazy. Did all the airbags deploy and save his bacon?
                            According to some articles air bags deployed but I haven't seen anything that said how many. This is from an article regarding the news conference:

Los Angeles County Sheriff Alex Villanueva revealed the extent of the damage to Tiger Woods' SUV in the crash, describing the accident as potentially fatal.

"The interior, the cabinet of the vehicle was more or less intact. The front end was totally destroyed, the bumpers, everything totally destroyed, airbags deployed, all of that. However, thankfully the interior was more or less intact, which kind of gave him the cushion to survive what otherwise would have been a fatal crash," Villanueva said, adding that Woods was also wearing a seatbelt.

Comment

Was there a six iron embedded in the rear glass. Just asking for a friend,

Comment

Working...
                              X