2021 Formula 1 Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2021 Formula 1 Season

It should be exciting 2021. Lot of different narratives.

Hamilton resigns with Mercedes with a 1 year contract to go for his 8th championship.

Red Bull get Honda signs Checo and hope to challenge Mercdes

Ferrari has a new engine and new hope after their dismal 2020 performance

Netflix should be releasing "Drive to Survive - 2020" in early March

Testing is coming up in Bahrain in ~ Month w/the season to start soon after that.

March 19 will be Netflix release of Season 3 of Drive to Survive

Comment

You might be the only Formula 1 fan on this forum.
      Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        You might be the only Formula 1 fan on this forum.
        Actually I know of at least 1 more. At work there are fair good number.

Formula 1 in the U.S. has had double digit growth over the last few years, some believe due to it introduction of "Survive to Drive" on NETFLIX. F1 now owned by a U.S. firm (Liberty Media) has set it focus to grow F1 in the U.S. and want to add a second race.

Comment

If only F1 had this guy.
          20210220_175619.jpg
          There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
            If only F1 had this guy.
            20210220_175619.jpg
            That looks ***** familiar! More details!

I don't have a problem w/ F1. I would prefer it to 'neckcar if I had to make a choice I think.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded View Post

That looks ***** familiar! More details!

I don't have a problem w/ F1. I would prefer it to 'neckcar if I had to make a choice I think.
              Thats the toy I never git as a kid. Always wanted it. Best ****ing toy, ever!

When the buddies I grew up with get together, we always end up talking about who had the coolest toys. Doug had the whole Evel Knievel set; the ramps, the van, the Snake River Rocket Bike .Everything. I had nothing!

They started making these again this fall. Some guy bought the rights to the whole thing and found the original molds. You can buy these everywhere on the web.

Anyway, another buddy saw them and sent this to me for Christmas. I freaking love it! I've jumped the ottoman, the dog, a trash can, just like when I was a kid! I keep this on my mantle and the kids cant touch it. I break it out every week or so and act like I'm nine all over again!

If you're fifty to sixty years-old, you know that this is The
              Greatest
              Toy
              Ever!

The 7-Inch Daredevil?The King Of The Stuntmen Action Figure Returns!Evel Knievel the man, the myth, the legend is back with this nostalgic gem. The original ...

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

I had my Evie Knievel. It was great. To bad it went the way of all my baseball cards.

I mean my mom kept my kindergarden and 1st grade grade cards? How hard would it have been to keep my baseball cards, evel knievel, full size GI joe, etc?

Comment

When the buddies I grew up with get together, we always end up talking about who had the coolest toys. Doug had the whole Evel Knievel set; the ramps, the van, the Snake River Rocket Bike .Everything. I had nothing!

They started making these again this fall. Some guy bought the rights to the whole thing and found the original molds. You can buy these everywhere on the web.

Anyway, another buddy saw them and sent this to me for Christmas. I freaking love it! I've jumped the ottoman, the dog, a trash can, just like when I was a kid! I keep this on my mantle and the kids cant touch it. I break it out every week or so and act like I'm nine all over again!

If you're fifty to sixty years-old, you know that this is The
                  Greatest
                  Toy
                  Ever!

The 7-Inch Daredevil?The King Of The Stuntmen Action Figure Returns!Evel Knievel the man, the myth, the legend is back with this nostalgic gem. The original ...

I swear to God I played with that toy as a young tyke. But I don't think I owned it. Not 50-60 but I got my hands on one fo sho. They were fast as lightning weren't they? Perhaps the 3 greatest engineering achievements of the early-mid 20th century: atom bomb, man on the moon, and the Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle.

Awesome video too! Dammit! We need to make toys GREAT AGAIN!

Comment

Bahrain will be offering Formula 1 participants the opportunity to get vaccinated since the F1 teams will be in the country for testing and then the first race. They will be getting the Pfizer vaccine.

Bahrain has announced that it is planning to offer COVID-19 vaccinations to those travelling for Formula 1 testing and the grand prix in March

Comment

Will it be the Lewis Hamilton show again this year? It would be hard to bet against him.
                      An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
                        Will it be the Lewis Hamilton show again this year? It would be hard to bet against him.
                        I suspect yes. So the 2021 season will be more about the story lines than a great battle for the Championship.

1. Hamilton - he can lock up GREATEST EVER by winning this year.

2. Mid-Field fight - it will be tight again, but now with the new dynamics of driver swaps

3. Checo vs Verstappen - were Gasly/Albon just to inexperience to hang with Max, or will Checo run into the same issue.

4. Sainz - LeClerc at Ferrari - will there be some latin heat between the two or will Sainz accept his role.

5. Alonso return to Renault. Will he destroy his teammate Ocon?

6. Vettel - will he rebound with new team or is this his last season

7. McClaren - do they make another jump with the addition of Ricardo (teamed with Norris)

8. Will there be Mercedes drama? Who will Russell replace?

9. Will Red Bull start where they left off from last year and continue to challenge Mercedes? Or will Mercedes find a way to improve and make the Lewis Hamilton show?

Comment

Verstappen Is my guy, so it was nice to see him win this past weekend.
                          The Assman

Comment

Round 3 this weekend in Portugal.

Canada GP cancelled (replaced with Turkey). Even though F1 has a high rate of vaccination and do a extreme amount of testing and where willing to do the "Bubble" - the Canada health department wanted 14 day quarantines to have the race.

Comment

Do they still have the Lake Afton Grand Prix?

Comment

Working...
                              X