Old Music - Charlie Pride Dies at 86

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Music - Charlie Pride Dies at 86

Sure seems like we are losing a lot of icons this year. Maybe it's just that I'm gettign along in years and those the celebs of my era are just of that age to be moving on.

From his website:
    “Charley Pride, whose rich baritone voice and impeccable song-sense altered American culture, died Saturday, December 12, 2020, in Dallas, Texas of complications from Covid-19 at age 86.”

Pride’s mother Tessie instilled this in her son:
    "Don’t go around with a chip on your shoulder. There’s good people everywhere. You’ve got a lot that you have to do, and you can’t do it carrying a load of resentment with you.”

Rest in peach Mr. Pride.

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Sure seems like we are losing a lot of icons this year. Maybe it's just that I'm gettign along in years and those the celebs of my era are just of that age to be moving on.

From his website:
    “Charley Pride, whose rich baritone voice and impeccable song-sense altered American culture, died Saturday, December 12, 2020, in Dallas, Texas of complications from Covid-19 at age 86.”

Pride’s mother Tessie instilled this in her son:
    "Don’t go around with a chip on your shoulder. There’s good people everywhere. You’ve got a lot that you have to do, and you can’t do it carrying a load of resentment with you.”

Rest in peach Mr. Pride.

One of my all-time favorite songs...
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

One of my all-time favorite songs...
      He will be able to kiss angels in person. RIP Charley.

Comment

Not CP related, but I believe I am getting a turntable for Christmas! Not gonna lie, I’m pretty excited! I’ve never owned one. I own no records. Looking forward to starting a collection.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
          Not CP related, but I believe I am getting a turntable for Christmas! Not gonna lie, I’m pretty excited! I’ve never owned one. I own no records. Looking forward to starting a collection.
          Make sure Santa brings you one of these.

peter_giodani_mag-lev_audio_00.jpg

Only a little over 3 grand.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Make sure Santa brings you one of these.

peter_giodani_mag-lev_audio_00.jpg

Only a little over 3 grand.
            It will surely be in the $200-400 range. I have a pretty great surround sound system in the basement, and some nice Klipsch tower speakers connected to a Marantz receiver in the living room. Nothing eye-popping, but still capable of transporting you to a live set at earth shattering volumes if you are so inclined.
            Livin the dream

Comment

That's awesome! I have had turn tables since I was a kid and love collecting records. Congrats! I love digging though and finding treasures at local shops.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

That's awesome! I have had turn tables since I was a kid and love collecting records. Congrats! I love digging though and finding treasures at local shops.
                I'm still using my Marantz 2265B receiver and Onkyo direct drive turntable... both still work great after 40+ years; those were the days my friends...

Comment

I have a Marantz 2238B, however one of the amps is currently acting up. It is currently “displayed” on my entertainment center as it is a beauty. When I get some proper two channel speakers, I will have it repaired.

Maybe it’s time to get some Klipsch Heritage speakers and get a proper 2-channel system going.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

MERRY CHRISTMAS INDEED

Comment

So I got it! Demon DP-400. It comes with a phono pre-amp, and high my Marantz 5513 does not. What a fun day after Christmas experience while the kids are plugging away on their new X-Box games.

Being that I have about 5000 MP3s on my iTunes account (I burned all my CDs some time ago), I decided I wanted to find some great front to back albums for the turntable that I didn’t already own in another format. I picked up David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust, the Beatles Revolver, and of course Dr Dre’s The Chronic!
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 2 photos.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

So I got it! Demon DP-400. It comes with a phono pre-amp, and high my Marantz 5513 does not. What a fun day after Christmas experience while the kids are plugging away on their new X-Box games.

Being that I have about 5000 MP3s on my iTunes account (I burned all my CDs some time ago), I decided I wanted to find some great front to back albums for the turntable that I didn’t already own in another format. I picked up David Bowie’s Ziggy Stardust, the Beatles Revolver, and of course Dr Dre’s The Chronic!
                        That’s a sweet set-up!

Comment

Very nice!! Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                          X