Proposed Osteopathic Medical school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed Osteopathic Medical school

An article in the eagle today talked about the progress of the multiple facility medical school. Sounds like it is progressing better than could be expected in the current environment. They have achieved the second step of accreditation . The National Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation which accredits Osteopathic Medical Schools that grant Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine degrees has granted the proposed Kansas College of Osteopathic Medicine candidate status. What this means is that almost all proposed schools that reach this point go on to actually happen. The school will submit for the third phase of accreditation early next year and the final phase would come immediately before the first class graduates in 2026. The goal is for the first class to begin in 2024. A full class is a proposed 170 students with half the first year, 127 the second year and 170 the third year. Five buildings are being renovated downtown for the center which includes the school, student housing, a hotel and a culinary center. Seems to be a lot of excitement for the school and what it can bring to Wichita and to Kansas.

If the first classes will begin in 2024, how will they graduate in 2026?
    Livin the dream

Comment

Has to be a misprint because it is a four year curriculum.

Comment

This is where we really miss Bardo's genius; he'd figure out a way to add this to WSU's umbrella. I sure hope we 'choose wisely' with the next hire.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

That was kind of what I was wondering. What kind of a relationship could the Medical school and WSU could share/support the other. One would think the CHRP could tailor classes for a transition to the Medical school if they don't already exist. I know several people that graduated from WSU and have gone on to become doctors.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
            That was kind of what I was wondering. What kind of a relationship could the Medical school and WSU could share/support the other. One would think the CHRP could tailor classes for a transition to the Medical school if they don't already exist. I know several people that graduated from WSU and have gone on to become doctors.
            It’s pretty simple if they want to do that. The school could set up a preferential selection process where they guarantee that X students that complete the predetermined curriculum at WSU and meet certain minimal academic standards are accepted to the DO school.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by onlinebest
              I really like what Nigel said to Angelia in the film.
              When your personal life is gone, remember to notify me, it means you are going to be promoted.
              I very much agree with this sentence, life and work, we choose to work because of life, and work makes us neglect life. When you want to get promoted, you have to sacrifice more of your private time to work.
              Choice is a very interesting thing, and when you make a choice, it also means that you will lose something very pity.
              business pages
              A very interesting website
              Please. Nigel don’t know ****.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I'm not going to click on the link but that was sure some strange wackadoodle insight.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I'm not going to click on the link but that was sure some strange wackadoodle insight.
                    Then the content should fit in well here.

Comment

Working...
                    X