Open Records Requests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
    There was an interesting request logged recently by someone at the Wichita Business Journal asking for "the names, job titles and salaries of the 25 highest-paid employees at Wichita State University during the 2020-21 school year, or the associated fiscal year" and the request and pdf can be found at https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1870/

The top 5 are
    LAST NAME FIRST NAME SALARY TITLE
    Tomblin John 463,500.00 Senior VP (Industry & Defense Programs); Executive Director (NIAR)
    Muma Richard 450,000.00 President
    Golden Jay 432,692.00 President
    Adams Keitha 340,704.00 Head Coach (Women's Basketball)
    Genin Larisa 275,000.00 Dean, Barton School of Business & Professor

The only other one from the athletics department was Darron Boatright at #21 making 203,000.00
    Spoiler alert: It ain’t me.

Comment

We're getting more for our dollar paying 3G 50K every other week now than HCKA 340K a year.

Comment

Tomblin is way underpaid… and that’s all I have to say about that.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
          Tomblin is way underpaid… and that’s all I have to say about that.
          Was Jay Golden way overpaid?

Comment

Posted this in one of the threads dealing with conference changes and thought I'd post it here as well. There was a recent open records request for

"the records of the contract between the American Athletic Conference and Wichita State University signed in the summer of 2017 with details of the revenue split agreement for WSU"

The request and the multi-page pdf with some numbers can be found at https://openrecords.wichita.edu/view...og/entry/1894/
            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

FYI - for some reason WSU decided to take down their log showing the requests. The links in this thread just to go to an 'under construction' page instead and give an email address in case one wants the information that was posted. They do have a search feature on the site and you can see specific requests by typing in a search word, such as 'contracts', but the results won't have any attachments. One can also go to https://openrecords.wichita.edu/?s= and that will have them listed in order as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                FYI - for some reason WSU decided to take down their log showing the requests. The links in this thread just to go to an 'under construction' page instead and give an email address in case one wants the information that was posted. They do have a search feature on the site and you can see specific requests by typing in a search word, such as 'contracts', but the results won't have any attachments. One can also go to https://openrecords.wichita.edu/?s= and that will have them listed in order as well.
                So it would seem they don't really want to be "open".

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

So it would seem they don't really want to be "open".
                  Yeah, looks that way. They have a statement on the open requests home page that states - "Additionally, all requests are logged and posted publicly on this website. Once a request is complete, the log will be updated to reflect the status." But no link to any log, so I'm not sure what they're referring to in the statement other than maybe the search thing.

I'm not sure they removed the actual files though - I saw a link to a pdf from a request from a post and tried it and the pdf still opened but I'm not sure if that's true for all of them. Lately they had started to redact signatures on pdf's and I wonder if maybe not having the attachments available anymore has something to do with someone complaining about older pdf's that weren't redacted or if there was some legal issues or identity theft that happened.

Comment

Working...
                  X