Sports Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Great, I can get my KU and K-State updates...

Don't forget Mizzou!
    "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

The only reason to want KC radio is for the Royals and Chiefs. I have no idea how much love SKC gets, but I doubt it's very much.

For the past two years I'm not sure if I've listened to any local radio. When I was in the office, nothing came in so I just listened to Pandora and started finding some podcasts I enjoy. Since working from home for the past year plus, I'm sure I could pick up the radio feeds, but I still stick with Pandora and podcasts. More on the podcasts.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yes I agree a lot of the KC radio stuff is not for me. But mixing in some Royals, Chiefs, etc. is much better than some of these national hacks who spend an entire 4 hours just trying to get noticed with hot takes. Or the gawd-awful Jim Rome show.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
          Yes I agree a lot of the KC radio stuff is not for me. But mixing in some Royals, Chiefs, etc. is much better than some of these national hacks who spend an entire 4 hours just trying to get noticed with hot takes. Or the gawd-awful Jim Rome show.
          I agree with most of this, but there are times when I enjoy a little Jim Rome... especially when he had coach Marshall on the show and let Marshall promote Wichita like no other.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
            The only reason to want KC radio is for the Royals and Chiefs. I have no idea how much love SKC gets, but I doubt it's very much.

For the past two years I'm not sure if I've listened to any local radio. When I was in the office, nothing came in so I just listened to Pandora and started finding some podcasts I enjoy. Since working from home for the past year plus, I'm sure I could pick up the radio feeds, but I still stick with Pandora and podcasts. More on the podcasts.
            Yeah, no Sporting talk for the most part unless they're deep in a playoff run. Mostly Chiefs/Royals/KU/Mizzou/KSU in that order.

I live in KC and never listen to the sports stations up here (for that reason), but I do listen to Sports Daily on a pretty frequent basis. Shane (and now Jacob) and the Bruce always do a pretty good job and are pretty measured, which I appreciate. I know I can get Shocker talk there. Can't listen to Lutz anymore though.

I do hope that Shane going to the ESPN radio station doesn't signal a divestiture of Wichita radio stations to KC control. Outside of Shane and Jacob, there really aren't any personalities who I would want to listen to coming out of Wichita right now. It's pretty remarkable already that Bruce is doing it from Denver.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

The last time I listened to Shane and Bruce I was left wanting for more Shocker talk. Instead I got about 10 minutes and on the the NFL, where I had zero interest in Bruce's take, so I bailed.

I do listen to KC talk. The Border Patrol personalities are fairly entertaining, even if I don't care so much about the subject matter. Soren Petro is just a nerd full of everything you will ever want to know, but he is a pretty solid sports guy.

The biggest problem with thecWichita personalities is that it's just really, really boring. And it seems so low rent.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
              X