Sports Daily

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Daily

It's November 13 they're sitting on one of the biggest local sports stories since F4 and perfect season. Within the first 15 minutes of the show they're rambling about random MLB crap that no one cares about. You'd think they could line up some guests connected to the program or some national media to discuss the huge story.

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
    It's November 13 they're sitting on one of the biggest local sports stories since F4 and perfect season. Within the first 15 minutes of the show they're rambling about random MLB crap that no one cares about. You'd think they could line up some guests connected to the program or some national media to discuss the huge story.
    They tried yesterday it seems. Nobody wants to go on the record. They said they reached out to ******* to come on the show (and he didn't). I'm starting to think ******* may have just made up the story because he didn't like the speed and how he perceived it was all going down.

Comment

They could start using anonymous Twitter posts as sources like Lutz did yesterday!

Comment

Possibilities

1.) There is no story here
        2.) Local journalism is so weak that the concept of developing independent sources is beyond them.
        3.) The local journalists are reliant on access to the coaches and university and therefore co-opted.

My money is on some combination of 2 and 3.
        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

And...it’s November 12.

Comment

may be quite a few in the media that aren't willing to tarnish their relationship with 3g or the coaching staff if it turns out to be smoke and no fire.

Comment

I respect Taylor Eldridge for the way he handles his business. He is measured, professional and thorough. Although “only” a sports guy he is a great example for aspiring journalists in any field.

Jeff ******* is a hack trying desperately to hang on to relevance.

Comment

The fact is that if GM stays on, they will need to have access to the team. Shane Dennis does the broadcasts. They need to stay on Marshall's side until it is clear he is gone.

it is what it is.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

And when I say on his side, I just mean, they have to remain neutral. And there is really no news to report.
                  "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu View Post
                    Get back in the delorean mcfly.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
                      And...it’s November 12.
                      Damn you're telling me it's not Friday the 13th?

Comment

All in good time, young whippersnapper.

Comment

Not sure if this has been posted - but big changes in the sports radio landscape currently happening.

Shane Dennis has left Sports Daily and has is own show weekdays from Noon-2pm on 92.3. This is the new ESPN Radio station for Wichita. They will also be airing some of the 810 WHB shows from KC. So at least it will have a local/midwest flavor for a portion of the day.

And as ShoxAAC mentioned in another post - they are also airing the Wichita open today through Sunday..

Good to have another local option.

Comment

Hopefully 92.3 has a stronger signal and works further outside of Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
                              They will also be airing some of the 810 WHB shows from KC. So at least it will have a local/midwest flavor for a portion of the day.
                              Great, I can get my KU and K-State updates...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                              X