Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video appears to show Marines unrinating on Taliban bodies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    So if American soldiers (or civilians) are killed in response to this (look up the term "blowback"), you will still have no problem with it?
    Again, I have no problem with what the soldiers did. Taliban are dirt, and when I am outside, I pee on the dirt too (sidenote: I live out in the "boonies"). I do, however, have a problem with the pigshits that release this stuff, like wikileaks for example, to the public. There is a reason this stuff is confidential. Hundreds if not thousands of people were killed because of the wikileaks episode. What these people that release the videos don't know, is that they are traitors. So yeah. I was just talking about the soldiers actions, not the whole picture.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

I am not justifying the actions of these four young men. During my nearly 29 years in the military, I would not have tolterated it and do not approve of it.

But, there are many things that go on in a war zone which are incomprehensible, revolting, horrible and so forth, a year, a month, a week, a day, hours afterwards, and even seconds later. But, unless you have been there (and I'm sure some of you may have) and have personally experienced it, (the fighting, the noise, the speed of battle, the blood, the killing, the mayhem, the fear, the mutilations of your fellow soldiers and buddies), then you have no idea but can only imagine what these men recently went through. I fully agree with Shock's comment that this should never have been publically released. The only purpose was to shame the United States. Now that it has been, we need to slap the soldiers and bury it.

We are in a war(s) with Islam which is/are going to be fought for many, many decades, perhaps even a century or more. And whether we eventually win or lose is going to be totally dependent on the will of the American people. This is a brutal, barbaric enemy that does not play by any international rules. I personally believe in war you do upon your enemies as they do upon you.

The Russians back in the 1960s had one of their Embassies in the ME (don't remember which one) bombed by a terrorist group. They had no idea which of the several local groups was involved so they arbitrarily selected one, assinated about 10 of them, cut off their all of their reproductive organs, stuffed them in their mouths and left them out in the desert.

The morale to this story is - No one ever again attacked a Russian Embassy.
      Last edited by 60Shock; January 13, 2012, 07:55 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
        So if American soldiers (or civilians) are killed in response to this (look up the term "blowback"), you will still have no problem with it?
        Our troops are already up to their asses in "blowback", they are still trying to kill our soldiers pee on the bodies or not.

No one knows what happend up to this point and the experts and bleeding hearts on this forum don't either.

If i was their commanding officer I would bring them in, close the door, yell at them and promote everyone one of them.
        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

Supposed to be a quote from Allen West

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?
          “The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter."

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell"

Comment

I have a real problem with it. I understand the emotion and the psychology of dehumanizing the human that you are killing, hell I've lived it. As a guy who was routinely in a hide site with 2 other teamates and the nearest American 30 minutes away on full afterburner I would not want my corpse treated in this manner, if we would have been discovered and KIA. In this war it is our civility and human decency that is what sets us apart from the Taliban. In the end I blame the NCOs for this, it is, pardon the pun, piss poor leadership.

RLTW!
            IOTNV
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I was never on active duty, much less in a combat zone. My initial feeling is that this type of behavior has probably happened hundreds of times before (admittedly, a pure guess) among all sorts of combat troops in many armies. The videotape, IMO, opinion, sets this apart. Stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                it is at least 2006 or newer given the uniforms and equipment in the still.
                “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I don't think it was the right thing to do but under the pressure of battle and having the taliban try to take your life on a daily basis I can certainly understand why this would happen and can't say for certain that I wouldn't have done the same thing depending on the circumstances.

I will also say that if the roles were reversed, there probably wouldn't be much left of the bodies to distinguish. Additionally, those in the picture would be viewed as champions portrayed as heroes while the world openly discussed how our soldiers deserved this kind of treatment for our imperialist arrogance. And how we brought this on ourselves.

Comment

Those of you know, who have previously served or had family members who provided outstanding and honorable service to our country, that the vast, vast percentage of America's fighting men, from wars past and present, respect and honor this tradition. Likewise, all services of our military forces go to the utmost extremes to NEVER leave our own wounded or our dead on the battlefield for this very reason. Even at the risk of life and death by the recovering personnel.

Everything you read says our military soldiers are the best, the smartest, the most dedicated, and best trained fighting force we have ever fielded. And I firmly believe this is true.

Mistakes happen. And they are going to happen on the battlefield more than any place in this so called safe peaceful world where the rest of us have erasers and mulligans to cover-up our foul ups.

So four young men screwed up, yet what do we know at the present time what took place between them and the enemy that were laying dead on the ground. For example, did they use women and children as shields or did they commit some other horrible, cowardly act? But the media and the world, and of course the enemy, is quick to condemn them and us as a nation as well.

Right, we don’t know, yet some of you want to automatically hang them up to dry and apologize to the world because the battlefield is a nasty and dangerous place, and we are the goodie good righteous guys who would never think of doing anything that was not exactly by the so called rules.

Yet we sit back 10,000 or so miles away, in our cosy warm safe homes, with our biggest worry being whether the Shocks can beat the Trees on Sunday, and are willing to spread eagle our back sides to the world for our soldiers’ supposed misconduct.

Tell the world (and by the way if you haven’t noticed, we are pretty damn near standing alone) to shove it where the sun never shines. How many of them are willing to make the sacrifices America does and has done for nearly a century. Needless to say, ninety percent of them hate our guts anyway no matter what we do.

Comment

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                      Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Working...
                      X