No announcement yet.

Pres. Golden resigns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would be a bit unfortunate to have your first gig as a university president start off with coronavirus and the BLM headfake, but that's why WSU should hire experienced folks to run the rocket ship. This thing is blasting off due to the tech initiative and it needs someone with business savvy AND a research background -- not just public and research background.

If WSU wants to knock one out of the park, here let me help you draft up a short list:

HIRE THIS GUY: https://president.umich.edu/leadersh...s/ravi-pendse/
    Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
      Would be a bit unfortunate to have your first gig as a university president start off with coronavirus and the BLM headfake, but that's why WSU should hire experienced folks to run the rocket ship. This thing is blasting off due to the tech initiative and it needs someone with business savvy AND a research background -- not just public and research background.

If WSU wants to knock one out of the park, here let me help you draft up a short list:

HIRE THIS GUY: https://president.umich.edu/leadersh...s/ravi-pendse/
      Might be time for Ravi to come home...
      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Might be time for Ravi to come home...
        Whoever they hire, it will not be better than Dr. Pendse would be, with very rare exception. Check out his bio if you get a chance.

Comment

This is a lesson in knowing your true audience. Like it or not, he made a rash and foolhardy decision because he was scared of the woke mob. Now he has paid the price. Buh bye. If the left can play the cancel culture game, let's have it work both ways.

Comment

Comment

... and here we go...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

... and here we go...

Somebody should ask him/her if they want fries with that Waaaaaburger. Get over it you pansy.

Big money donors influence Universities. Nothing new or shocking about it.

Comment

... and here we go...

Weird... I always thought “libertarian studies” was just economics.

And “oil education” by way of geology or engineering makes for an okay career, or so I’ve heard.

Comment

... and here we go...

Art student. Probably a lot of fun to throw some jello shots down with. Definitely don't let him start discussing politics. His entire career path hinges on evoking emotions, and if he fails to do so ... he's a waiter for life.

Comment

I kid, I kid. Nothing wrong with being an art student.

Comment

Politics aside, a serious, serious drop-off from Bardo to Golden. Really makes you wish we had Bardo around for another decade.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
                          Politics aside, a serious, serious drop-off from Bardo to Golden. Really makes you wish we had Bardo around for another decade.
                          BINGO! This isn't about the Ivanka incident. The president needed to be a leader; first, last, and always. Not sure Dr. Golden ever garnered the trust of the donors. The president's priorities are not to be buddy-buddy with students and act like a faculty member.

Comment

i havent lost faith in the university but as a donor who couldn’t give a flip about politics, i’m paying attention. time will tell if i look toward a direction that better reflects my views.

Comment

I’m not a fan of politics and/or private donors dictating public universities but that’s the world we live in and it’s just going to get progressively worse. Money is the only thing that matters in this country and that’s true from small towns up to the Presidency, Republican or Democrat.

Comment

Whatever short term negatives there are from the resignation, they pale in comparison to the long term damage keeping around a bad hire would have on the university and community. KBOR needs to reflect on their selection process and do better.

Comment

Working...
                                X