Collin Morikawa wins PGA Champioship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collin Morikawa wins PGA Champioship

Collin Morikawa won the PGA Championship today over the best field in golf. The 23-year-old captured his third PGA tour event and his first major championship. Morikawa finished runner-up as a 19-year-old amateur at the 2016 Wichita Open. Ollie Schniederjans won the title over Morikawa and JJ Spaun in a playoff at Crestview CC. This kid is a STUD!!!

I suspect he'll remember that tee shot on 16 for a little bit. One of the great shots ever in golf history.

Will JT get fined for the open mike comment?

Guessing Brooks, DJ and Rory won't be at the same table any time soon.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      I suspect he'll remember that tee shot on 16 for a little bit. One of the great shots ever in golf history.

He hit a pressure packed drive at the right time. A shot for the ages.

Yes, JT will be fined. All fines are behind closed doors. Money goes to charity.

I think Rory is more of a DJ fan than Brooks. The comment by Brooks towards DJ won't be popular in the locker room, although I doubt Brooks cares.

What a great finish. I remember talking to Morikawa at the Wichita Open in 2016. He was quite shy back then. He appears to have a nice personality, which will serve him well as he continues his rise to greatness.

Comment

Was Collin Morikawa's Drive on 16 the Greatest Shot in PGA Championship History?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga...in-pga-history

Let's say it belongs in the conversation.,

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
          Was Collin Morikawa's Drive on 16 the Greatest Shot in PGA Championship History?

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/pga...in-pga-history

Let's say it belongs in the conversation.,
          If he would have hit the shot with a typical Sunday major gallery, I would have put it at or near the top. I recognize the greatness of the shot with the perceived pressure of the moment, but the massive energy of a charged up gallery, with the pressure of the moment would have sent that area of California into a frenzy never seen before. For that reason I put the shot at a 9.9 instead of a 10.

Comment

Stud!

What happened?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

JT dropped an F bomb after watching a 12 footer break mysteriously off the edge at the last instant.

Brooks opined that DJ wasn't that strong of a closer after round 3. It was subtle but pointed. Rory later questioned Brooks' theory and wondered (aloud) how someone with 3 times fewer PGA wins (DJ with 21 wins ranking him 30th all time while Brooks has just 7) should be questioning the finishing strength of another. He seemed a bit put off.

Comment

Working...
              X